Chapter seven

Anthony and I are currently practicing entering properly, going up and down the stairs at grandmas, while Mia is elsewhere presumably doing the same with Joseph.

"Entering" I say slowly walking down the stairs.

"At the grand ball, you enter with the queen but at the state dinner, you enter unaccompanied" he explains, "smile. They're all happy to see you"

***

As I walk down the stairs, with my head held high I hear things like; "Ah, there she is" "Beautiful"

"Well done. The worst is over. You look stunning" Ant whispers in my ear once i've met him at the bottom of the stairs. "Our diligent Prime Minister, Sebastian Motaz" he introduces me to a man.

"Hello" I say, smiling.

"And his lovely wife Sheila" Ant continues.

"Nice to meet you" I say.

"And their charming daughter Marissa"

"Hello"

"I'm not allowed to go to the party" Marissa complains, we all chuckle.

"Dinner is served" someone announces. We all walk into the dining room. I am sat opposite Mia, the Prime Minister and his wife.

"Her majesty, Queen Clarisse" as grandma walks into the room everyone stands out of respect.

Everyone begins to fall into conversation and Mia has a few "little clumsy moments" as she described.

"Shall we adjourn to the grand hall for coffee?"

***

Mias POV

"I'm sorry I let you down dad. I'm not built for this. Aurora is. She was in comfortable conversation with anyone that introduced themselves to her."

"Goodnight Louie" I say sighing.

***

Back to Aurora's POV