Haunted

-Third Person POV-

Seraphine approached the entrance of the strange house, looking around the front yard in search of her cat. Noticing it jumping onto a window frame at the front, covered by planks of wood, and with the crystal completely smashed, the cat squeezed through the openings of the wooden planks.

Seeing this, Seraphine moved towards the main entrance, seeing a pretty old door. A little hesitant, she reached for the doorknob and tried to open it normally, but it was locked.

Seraphine: *pant* Of course it's locked.

She turned to look around, in hopes to find an alternative way to enter the house. But she couldn't find anything. Taking some steps back, she looked a little more, expecting to find a window with old wooden planks that were easier to break or something. But there was no luck with that either. Frustrated, she took a deep breath to try and calm down, since her breathing was still a mess for running so much.

Just as she was trying to think of more alternatives, the main door was slowly opened by... nothing.

She couldn't see anyone, and the situation was definitely not a good one. But just while she was doubting, she managed to see her cat moving inside the house.

And now her breathing was agitated for a completely different reason.

With nothing more than a nervous gulp, she started to approach the house once more, slowly reaching for the entrance and taking a step inside.

Hesitantly, she took one step after the other, until she was completely inside the house, and then... she turned around in a flash to see the door. But the door didn't move, it just remained open.

She turned around once more and started searching for her cat in the house, really hesitant to call out for him. And then she looked back to the main door a second time, finding it still open.

She repeated this process for a while, searching around the main hall of the house while constantly checking the door. But the door didn't move at all.

Feeling a little relieved, Seraphine checked on the different decorations of the house, only finding empty portraits, and what would normally be mirrors, but that were completely painted black for some reason.

A sudden noise came from upstairs, as a big thud echoed through the house. Thinking it might be her cat pushing something off the edge of a table or something, she rushed up the stairs and looked over the hallway to the rooms of the house.

Finding out that, indeed, her cat had just pushed a big book off of one of the bookshelves on the hallway.

Seraphine: Kitty! There you are!

She got so excited about finding the cat that she didn't even question who the hell puts a bookshelf on a hallway.

But when the cat finally noticed her presence, his fur crisped as he showed his fangs. Feeling confused, Seraphine didn't notice the shadow looming over her for a second. Until the cat directly hissed as menacingly as he could. This made Seraphine look behind her in confusion, only to find none other than (Y/N) peeking from the stairs as he took the last steps on them.

(Y/N): Sera? Oh my god, there you are.

He hurriedly walked to her side and grabbed her face gently but noticeably worried, and started to check her entirely to see if there was anything that seemed hurt or damaged.

(Y/N): What were you thinking!? Suddenly running off like that and finally entering this place?! You are lucky I was able to accelerate fast enough in some places to not lose track of you. Did you find the cat?