46

Demi's POV

Time was going fast as I paced in Vincent's office. Were there really cameras in here or none?

“So...?” I turned to Laurent and walked towards him. I grabbed his hand and pulled him outside in case there are really cameras in here.

“it was Toby,” I said once we were outside. He stared at me like I had grown two heads.

“Huh?”

“I have a broken wrist and broken fingers. It was Toby who did everything. He came in the bedroom when I was changing and tried to forcefully kiss me. Then he hit me and broke my wrist and my fingers and said I had to give him three of Vincent's companies. He said by fi-”

“Over my dead body,” Vincent said and I turned to him. He was standing behind me with Joseph. They walked towards me and Laurent and he stared into my eyes.
“Were you gonna do it?”

“I am putting lives at risk for telling you all this. Do you think I would betray you like this?”

“He is not getting shit from me.” he said and walked back inside the house.

“I'll come up with the plan,” Laurent said and I nodded my head greatful to have a brother in law like him. He was always by my side. Maybe because he thought if he didn't I would go back to the secret island.

“What did you mean you were putting lives at risk? Whose life?”

“Mary and Dan and Vincent. He said I dare tell anyone he would kill them in front of me,” j told Joseph and Laurent kept quiet. It felt like he was not there either.

“He was bluffing.”

“You don't know what he is capable of. I've lived with him for more than three years, he can kill without blinking. You also saw that he almost ran Mary over with his car and drove away,” he nodded and sat on the edge of the fountain. I was worried for Dan and Mary. And I was more worried for Vincent.

"We won't give him anything," Joseph said and rushed inside the house. I would make everything in my power to save my family. Even if it means betraying Vincent for his and the kids' safety. I was still rooted on one place when Joseph walked to me with the papers. I took them and read them. Anyone reading them would have thought we were giving away Vincent's businesses. We were taking away Toby's companies and his house, and the project that was gonna make him a millionaire soon.

"Won't he get suspicious? He will read the damn thing!"

"Laurent brother in law, worry not. You will be coming with me. Let me change and we can go," I said and rushed inside the house. Vincent was in his office and I ignored him and rushed to the bedroom. I put on the Bardot blouse with cargo pants and put on my heels, I released my hair from the ponytail and walked into the office.

"Honey," he said, with a forced tone. I sighed and walked towards him. I stood in front of his table and he glared at me.
"C'mere," he whined and I chuckled but walked to his side anyway. He pulled me onto his lap and pushed his nose onto my neck. I moaned and rested my hands on his chest.

"I came in here to remind you of your meeting with Johnson," he sighed and rested his head back on the leather chair. I stood up and walked put of his office. I went outside to Joseph and Laurent.

"What's the plan?"

"There is none. Shall we go?" Laurent nodded and walked with me to the car. Joseph tagged along and got in the backseat. I texted Toby and told him to meet me close to the pub.

We found him there. I got out of tye car and walked towards him. He smiled and tried to kiss me but I dodged and hugged him instead.

"Laurent came with me. You better not tell anyone about this," he nodded and took the papers. He started reading them and my heart raced when he eyebrows furrowed.
"Don't you trust me?"

"Oh I do love," he said and started signing without reading. I smiled when he handed the papers back to me.

"When should I start?"

"Anytime you want," after saying that, I walked back to the car. I got in and Laurent sped away.

"You were judged married to the most stupid man of all time."

"Now all we have to do is get your signature and you will get everything that belongs to you again," I looked at Joseph and handed him the papers.

When we got back at the mansion, Laurent and Vincent said they had to do some things with the lawyers. I walked inside the house and heard Vincent moaning. I got worried and rushed to where I heard him grunting.

When I got to the office, I found Vincent with his shirt off, his hair messy, his belt looked to be wide opened. I slowly walked towards the table and saw someone bobbing her head up and down. It was Halsey.

"Vincent!" Halsey pulled away from Vincent and stared at me in fake shock. I've gotten used to her fake expressions now that I don't even get phased whenever she does them.

"Why did you stop? Ignore her, come here," Vincent said and started pulling Halsey closer to him. Halsey got up and ran out of the office.
"Do you see what you've done!?" He yelled at me. Tears fell from my eyes as I watched him zip his pants and walked towards me. He raised his hand and I shut my eyes tight and waited for the impact. I got shocked when his fingers traced my cheek. I looked at him and he smiled and tried to kiss me. I pushed him away and ran to the bedroom. So his heart is with his first wife. I will give him and his wife their space. The space they need.

====================
Hope you enjoyed.🎗♥️
==========