Chapter 26 - Outsmarted

Alessia's POV (continued)

A series of curse words may have left Ella's mouth as she gripped her chest with both her hands.

"Could you not have appeared at the door and knocked like normal people???" Ella hissed still holding her rapidly beating heart.

"Where's the fun in that? You should see the stuff I get to walk in on." Crim said with a mischievous grin. I slapped his chest playfully to get him to stop but he continued; "Besides we're not normal people and I suggest you start expecting danger at every turn as that is what awaits us very soon." He said seriously.

I noticed Zander at the table with his head down and his fingers intertwined in his hair pulling it slightly. "What happened to you and where is Alexa and Jax?" I asked him.

"Don't mind Zander he had a bit of a fight with Alexa and is sulking now." Ed said pointing at the holes in the wall next to the door. "And Jax had something important happening at school today so he left a while ago."

I approached him with a glare and my pointer finger aimed at his direction. "If you have hurt her in any way, I will tear you apart myself, Alpha or not!" 

Ed laughed. "Oh no, sorry my bad, the holes were caused from Zander after the fight, he was quite frustrated with your.. I mean, our bestie."

My eyebrows raised in surprise. "You are not her bestie I am, but nice try." I said with a grin. "So why were you fighting?"

It was Ella's turn to speak next, now that she had recovered from her shock. "Well, lover boy here decided that ordering her around would end well." Ella said mockingly. "So Alexa's locked her door and has been in the shower for the last 43 minutes." She said glancing at the clock on the wall. 

At that I began laughing hysterically but they had no clue why I was laughing. Sadly I couldn't breath let alone talk to fill everyone in.

Zanders phone began to ring. As I began walking towards her room still laughing.

"What do you want Jax." He said in an annoyed voice. "What!" Zanders booming voice got everyone's attention but I didn't have to listen in to know what had happened. I grabbed her room key and unlocked her door. I walked in hearing everyones footsteps following close behind. I turned the water off and turned her music off and waved her phone in my hand with a proud grin on my face. "She has left her phone because she knew you would all question her if it was too quiet and you wouldn't have thought she would be willing to leave her phone."

Zander's face was red in anger, I almost laughed again but I looked at Crim who was giving me a silent warning not to laugh.
I held it in by biting my lip. 

"That's not all she left behind." Ella said pointing at the steamy mirror. A picture of a smiley face sticking is tongue out was drawn on the glass.

Jax started speaking on the phone again with amusement evident in his voice. "She turned up at my self defence class wanting to sign up. You should have seen her face when she realised it was me running it." He said laughing. "She said something about Alessia being there soon and her figuring it out anyway..."

"I had a feeling she might sign up to that after what happened." I said.

Zander looked surprised and a little impressed though he was still annoyed she left and outsmarted him. "Thanks for letting me know Jax. Keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get too banged up. Oh and make sure her wounds aren't where the other humans can see. I'll explain why later.

Zander lead us all back to the table and asked us to sit down.

"Alessia, I need to know how much you know."