void.

summary: meadow fills the void in steve that he didn't even know existed
song: void by the neighborhood

the season four trailers are making me so excited
for the new chapters of wires i literally cannot wait.
so i decided to make another of these little one chapter
imagines for you guys to tide us all over until we get new
official content :,) anyway i'm so excited to say that there
will be new chapters of wires within the next month WHAT
anyway enjoy :)

 so i decided to make another of these little one chapterimagines for you guys to tide us all over until we get new official content :,) anyway i'm so excited to say that there will be new chapters of wires within the next month WHATanyway enjoy :)

it was no secret that meadow henderson and steve harrington were in love. everyone knew it, and no one ever needed to stop to argue it. it was simply a fact.

after being together through some of the worst of times (you know, the inevitable apocalypse, evil monsters, the usual), the two truly developed an appreciation for the more mundane of times. the moments where they could just be together and not have to worry about any of the rest of it.

the days that they spent together rewatching their favorite movies or talking about their lives and their futures meant more to them than anything else.

"i just can't wait for our future together." steve would say, one hand behind his head and the other on her back, playing with the curls of her hair.

she would smile back, looking up at his dazed expression. "me neither."

oftentimes the only place steve would go after a shift at work would be straight to the henderson house, where they'd actually take interest in how his day went and how he was doing.

"steve!!" claudia would cheer when he'd knock on the door. "how was your day, dear? meadow's in her room, she'll be out in a moment."

and it was the routine of knowing that, no matter how his day had been, claudia would still take interest and still show genuine care for him, that made steve feel at home. he didn't always have that reassurance with his own family, and as lame as some might find it, he was so grateful to have found it with hers.

then when meadow would walk out of her room, he would stand up with eyes nearly as awestruck as the first time he'd taken her on a date. it didn't matter to him what she was wearing, she was always perfect, and she always took away his breath.

"c'mon, steve, you're drooling." she'd tease, though they both knew that she was just embarrassed by the attention.

he would laugh, and then they'd get started on whatever their mundane task for the day was. most days they were just watching movies on the couch, or hanging out with dustin, but some days they had planned dates or just hang-outs.

on one specific day, they found themselves watching teen wolf, the new movie with michael j. fox. meadow tilted her head as she looked at the screen. "okay, so i understand he's a werewolf now, or whatever, but how does that make him the hero of the basketball team?"