eleven.

after meadow and dustin had dragged steve's unconscious body to the car, they sat him up in the backseat. "can't we just leave him here?" max asked, confused.

"what if billy wakes up and actually kills him?" meadow countered. "i'm not leaving him here, so you can just forget it." she climbed into the front seat, turning on the car before speeding off down the road. lucas sat in the seat next to her, giving her directions to the tunnels' opening. the car was filled beyond capacity, and she was going much too fast, but no one had time to worry about it.

steve began to groan as he woke up, and meadow fought the urge to look over her shoulder at him. "meadow?" he mumbled, looking up at dustin, who sent him a confused look. he moved to touch his face.

"no, don't touch it." dustin warned. "hey, buddy." he shushed him. "you put up a good fight. he kicked your ass, but you put up a fight. you're okay."

lucas turned to meadow. "you're gonna keep straight for half a mile, and then make a left on mount sinai." she nodded, pressing the gas harder.

".. meadow?" steve asked at the mention of her name, his eyes widening at the realization that the car was going really fast. "what's going on?" he asked.

dustin attempted to calm him down. "they were gonna leave you behind, but meadow and i promised you'd be cool."

steve began to panic, not liking how fast the car was going. meadow pressed the gas even harder, speeding the car down the street. "whoa!" he mumbled. "stop the car. slow down."

"i told you he'd freak out!" mike yelled.

"stop the car!" steve shouted.

meadow turned a little in her seat. "everybody shut up! i can't hear the directions." she looked up, seeing a sign for mount sinai and taking a harsh left. the car was going extra fast on the corner, and steve hugged onto dustin, crying out. the car stopped abruptly, and all the kids quickly got out.

steve, trying to get out of the car, immediately fell to the ground. "guys, this isn't safe!" he mumbled, standing up. "we are not going down there, i made myself clear!" meadow passed out goggles and bandanas to the kids, ignoring steve's yelling. "there's no chance we're going to that hole, alright? this ends right now!" he threw a piece of fabric onto the floor.

"steve!" meadow said loudly, making him shut up. "look, i understand you're upset, but we have to go down there to kill as many of them as we can." steve leaned against the car, mumbling to himself.

dustin handed a pair of goggles to his sister. "bottom line is, a party member requires assistance and it is our duty to provide that assistance. now, i know you promised to keep us safe." he handed him his bat. "so keep us safe."

steve looked down at him, frustrated, before taking the bag. "you two are exactly alike, you know that?" he pointed to meadow and dustin, sighing.

steve was the last of the group to go down the rope and into the tunnels, shining his flashlight around. meadow, who had been the first down, held a canister of gasoline in one hand, a flashlight in the other as she looked around. "i'm pretty sure it's this way!" mike called.

"you're pretty sure, or you're certain?" dustin replied.

"i'm 100 percent sure!" mike insisted. "just follow me and you'll know."

meadow frowned. "something a cult leader would say!"

steve pulled mike back. "woah, woah, woah, hey, hey, hey. i don't think so." he moved in front of him. "any of you little shits die down here, i'm getting the blame. got it, dipshit?"