006,

EPISODE THREEthe pollywog

EPISODE THREE
the pollywog.

LUCAS SINCLAIR had absolutely traumatised nova hargrove the next morning when he tapped her shoulder and appeared out of nowhere as she got a book out from her locker, that book immediately falling to the floor as she jumped in a fright.

"oh, jesus! don't do that." she huffed as she reached down to pick her book up, however, he did the same, and nova froze when their hands touched, lucas widened his eyes and nova slowly pulled her hand away. "oh, uh sorry. for that, and scaring you."

nova fought off a grimace. she had read way too many romance books that started with the love interest's hands touching and then all of a sudden fireworks would explode—nova swore she would never be that cringey...

however, a chuckle escaped her lips at his panicq. "don't worry about it... hey, i have a question." she began and he nodded, "anything." he grinned as she eyed him.

"uh, well. why do people call will zombie boy? i mean, i get it. he got lost in the woods for a week or something, but why is he a zombie? because everyone thought he was dead?" she asked and lucas immediately looked down as they walked through the halls.

"yeah. we had a funeral for him and everything."
lucas nodded, nova stopped in shock, but continued to walk with him after a moment. "after a week?"

"well...some other kid drowned at the quarry. we thought it was will because his body was super decomposed." lucas explained briefly as nova scoffed and turned to face him.

"what? that's not funny."

"it's not a joke." lucas shook his head as they stopped in the hallway and she frowned. "it's public knowledge. you can ask anyone. but not will, because he is really sensitive about it, all right?"

nova frowned at him, and nodded slowly, "okay, sure..." they continued to walk as lucas let out a breath.

the boy felt guilty that he was lying to nova, but he knew he couldn't tell her or max anything. not yet, anyway. dustin had suggested it, since he wanted the two girls to join their party, but mike had refused and shut the conversation down immediately.

lucas wasn't sure why—after all, whenever lucas was unsure of eleven mike would completely turn on him! why could mike introduce a new girl, but lucas couldn't?

the two teenagers walked to mr. clarke's class and sat down as nova explained everything to max in a hushed tone as max still seemed sceptical about it. nova knew it was kinda snakey to go and tell max everything lucas had just told her—but if it was public knowledge, then surely max had a right to know.