Chapter One

~Valerie~

I Have Always Hated My Life, since I was born; especially since my Mom loves the word perfect. I  have always wanted to make my Mom proud, but I guess every single time, I try to be perfect for her, she's not still not contented.

"You know, in the next five seconds, you are going to get into depression." I heard a brother's voice.

Lifting my head up that was in between my hands, seeing Shawn on his wheelchair with a sweet smile on his face.

Shawn had a black inky hair,he had bristly eyebrows, hazel eyes,pink lip and broad shoulder.

Shawn had an accident when he was twelve years old, which made him lost his legs—and Mom lost interest in him, because he wasn't the perfect son, she wanted.

"Do you really think so?" I wept, wiping my tears on my cheeks with my hand, moving towards my elder brother.

"I know so," Shawn grinned, as I bent down to his level, "It's not your fault, everyone makes mistake." He added, caressing my cheeks softly.

"It was my fault, I shouldn't have told Sophia about the whole exam malpractice." I said.

It was all my fault–If I hadn't told my so called best friend that I had cheated during my external exams,that actually make me pass but too bad,I didn't know, she could go behind to tell the school head which got me expelled and made my Mom distance herself from me.

"Well, you trusted Sophia too much, which led you to get expelled from school?"

"Mom is still annoyed right?" I pouted my lips sadly.

"Mom is always annoyed with everything around her." Shawn assured me.

"She hates me now, right?" I said, even for the fact I and Shawn knows the answer, I still want to get an assurance.

"She hates everyone that doesn't follow up to her demands." Shawn sighed softly, "Valerie, you did nothing bad," He added making me give me a questioning look before he chuckled softly, "Okay, maybe it was pretty bad but still you did what you would do to make Mom happy."

"Shawn," I wept a little.

"I mean, if you didn't pass, she's going to distance from you and if you did pass the exam, remember Mom always want more than perfect,so she would eventually see mistakes and complain." Shawn quoted.

Yeah,no matter how hard, I try to be perfect for my mother, she's always seeing mistakes;Dresses, friends, courses.

"How would I tell Dad about me being expelled from school?" I asked my brother.

My Dad has always being there for Shawn and I; treating both of us equally and I never wanted to let him down–I don't want to let anyone down.

"Valerie,you can't," Shawn stopped for a moment,added with a little sigh, "You can't always please everyone,no matter how much you please them,they would always see a mistake,so just breathe."

I didn't want to breathe, I wanted to hold my breath,till I forget I was even alive; I felt like a disappointment to everyone, even to myself.

"Shawn, you weren't the one that got expelled for cheating for a really hard exam and got betrayed by her best friend." I said standing up as I sat on my bed.

Shawn rolled the wheels of the wheelchair with his hands, moving towards me, "And you weren't the one who lost both his legs when he was just twelve and got a lot of distance from his own mother."

"Shawn," I said softly, "I didn't mean it that way."

"I know, Valerie but we all have odds, we all have a bad hair day but we are always going to come out of it." Shawn assured me.

"I accept your fact but I've never gotten bad hair day before,so duh," I teased him.

".. I think you need a break, something like a vacation... I mean, you are grounded for two weeks by Mom, why not elope, have fun and come back?"

".. Like you just said; I'm grounded," I quoted the last word with my fingers, "So I can't leave the house."

"That's why I just said- You should elope." Shawn quoted the last word with his finger also.

"But,"

"No, buts.. when you come back, then you would tell Dad about your bad hair day." Shawn mocked.

                 ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
                     ~Hector~

I'm Disappointed In Myself for disrespecting someone I cherish.

"You are starting to be one of my top stubborn friends, you know that right?" I heard my best friend said.

I really don't want to listen to anyone including Waylen.

"You called me here to the coffee shop which I hate the most to talk about Liam, are you listening to yourself?" Waylen scoffed.

I looked at him, seeing his green eyes which was darkened,my bad,he doesn't like Liam, "You should be helping me."

"How can I help you when I don't know the problem you are dealing with?" Waylen said hurriedly.

"It's about Liam and you know that, you just said his name few seconds ago." I argued.

"I'm so sorry, who's lame?"

"It's not lame, it's Liam." I scolded him.

Waylen is my worst-best friend, I've ever had till now, which is becoming frustrating already, but hating my elder brother always pisses me off about him.

"It's my mouth, I can say it how I want it, so Lame."

"Just shut up," I said, rubbing my temples.

"So what did Liam do, that made you call me?" Waylen said, acting serious already.

"He said, he hates me and regrets the day I was born, I mean, I like Liam and he just keeps pushing me away like I'm some kind of piece of shit, I did nothing wrong to him, I mean- could he just hate me for no reason?"

Waylen cleared his throat, "I would be honest with you. Of course, he hates you, who are you kidding? Thinking Lame would like you just like that." Waylen mocked me.

"On a serious note, I did nothing wrong to Liam." I reassured Waylen.

"You didn't tell me, Iris was coming." Waylen said, looking in another direction, making me sigh softly at his annoying attitude.

We were just saying something so important?

I looked at the direction, he was looking at, seeing Iris dressed in an A line floral brown dress that matches her eyes, with her hair packed in a short ponytail, she walked towards our table, sitting beside me as she pecked me on my lip.

"Hey, Waylen." Iris greeted Waylen with a short wave.

"Hi, Iris." Waylen answered awkwardly.

"You didn't tell me you were coming." I said to Iris who was already busy pressing her phone.

"I never wanted to come,baby, but I needed to do a live show with someone, so I had to come here."

"Oh, so you came because someone called you for a live show but you didn't come because Hector called, I'm starting to like this relationship."Waylen said with a little grin on his face.

"Waylen, stop acting like a child." Iris said.

"Iris, you need to stop acting like a childish adult, that's the worst thing that can ever happen to anybody." Waylen said.

"I think, I need a vacation." I said, rubbing my temples, tired of everything around me now.

I am starting to get even more pissed off by their attitudes.

"Exactly, what I wanted to say, you really need a vacation, how about two weeks vacation?" Waylen said with a snap of his fingers.

"And I would be your company during your vacation." Iris said.