Chapter Three

Shawn:Are you already eating dinner already?

Valerie smiled at him being so inquisitive, till she got here.

Hearing a glass cup smashed on the floor, making Valerie shriek timidly, turning to the incident,as the waitress bent down to pick the broken glass.

Valerie sighed with relief,as she texted Shawn back.

Valerie:Yeah, I am.Are you missing me already?

Shawn: You have asked that question like a billion times and Yes,I miss you.

Valerie: Why are you admitting so easily? You are making me want to come home early.

Shawn:Yeah, please come home..Mom is starting to suspect somehow.

Valerie widened her eyes surprisingly, seeing that message.

'But Mom doesn't want to talk to me, how come she's suspecting so early.'

Valerie thought hurriedly, with a lot of questions throbbing her mind.

Valerie: Really!!? So what did you do about it.

Valerie knew her brother always found a solution faster than her, since childhood, Valerie was always relaying on Shawn because he was always finding solution to every problem easily.

Shawn: Well, that you didn't want to speak with anybody and I locked your room but switched on the light and turned on your favourite song,to make her feel you are still alive or something.

Valerie smiled happily at her brother's help.

Valerie: Do you think I should be coming tomorrow?

She expected a message from her brother but it took so long, that she dropped her phone, sipping the wine slowly.

Valerie heard a phone ring, picking her phone up, she answered the call, without looking at the person calling.

"Yes?" She said softly.

"It's Shawn and I think you are drunk." Valerie heard a brother say in a funny voice.

"No, I'm not,I just sipped a little wine." She assured him.

"Yeah, that's what you would say,till you have a one night stand with a handsome CEO,that would kidnap, just for you to be his girlfriend for the rest of your life."

Valerie giggled at her brother's mocking, "Do you think that actually happened in reality?"

"Well,some people believed those types of stories." Shawn mumbled.

Hearing a loud song from the background, Valerie smiled, she knew her brother was in his secret room,that only her knows about, "You are in your private zone, right?"

"How did you know that?" Shawn whispered.

"Well, your annoying song could make the house collapse."

"Whatever.. so has Sophia texted you?"

Hearing that name made Valerie's heart shout with anger and regrets, she breathed in slowly, with a fake smile on her face, "No, what happened?"

"Oh, well then, when you get back, I would tell you all about it."

Before Valerie could respond, he had ended the call, she sighed tiredly, rubbing her temples, she looked out the huge window beside her, seeing how dark it was outside, she decided to go back to the hotel.

~°~°~°~°~°~
"What's your problem?" Hector asked softly but with a little bit of anger in it.

"What do you mean?" Iris said, folding her hands together.