Chapter Two

~Valerie~

Thanks." I said to the hotel attendant which was lady.

A sharp scent of incense welcomed the guest, embosoming me in opulent fumes that caressed my eyelids, naturally drawing thoughts and focus on resting upon the pillowed bed propped against the wall, on the opposite end of the room from the entrance. Four additional pillows, decorated with warm red and orange oriental patterns, seemed to burst out from the deep blue wall behind them.

Above the bulky bed (the size of which appeared even larger, in the minuscule room), a chromatic dance of red shades decorated the cobalt tinted wall: a wide number of psychedelic posters, adorned with writings and evocative images.

The closing of the door disturbed my observation of the room, I sighed softly, walking towards the bed, lazily dropping my luaggage bag as I sat down.

The idea of escaping from the house for a vacation was quite disturbing for me.

Vacation for someone who got expelled for cheating!

I laughed at my thoughts, when I heard a beep on my phone, seeing a message from Shawn brought a smile to my face.

Shawn loves travelling, he loves to travel but since he had an accident and he ended in a wheelchair,he hates the word, ‘travel.’ The fact, that he suggested me to travel was a great surprise to me.

Shawn:Are you still on the plane? Because I learnt that the flight duration from California to Chicago was four hours, one minute.

I smiled at him acting so intelligent.

..: I just got to my hotel room.

Shawn:Is the room good? Because booking a room online nowadays is like a scam.

I giggled at his insecurities, I stood up, taking a good picture of the room, sending it to him.

..: I guess, I'm lucky when it comes to booking a room online.

Shawn: You might be lucky to book a room perfectly, but what about the toilet.

..: Shawn!

Shawn: What! I'm trying to be a good brother, make it easy for me.

Everyone is trying to be a Good Everything.

But after getting expelled,I don't think, I need good from anyone,I needed bad, I wanted them to yell, shout and scream at me because I was a disappointment to everyone and myself.

..: You are a good brother already,so don't push it.

Shawn: Great!

..:Do you think Mom would notice, that I left the house?

Shawn: For the fact, that you got expelled, she wouldn't even care for your presence, she's busy with perfection after you failed to be perfect by getting expelled from school for cheating.

Yeah, that's true.. ever since Mom won a huge contract,from a huge company, she believes it was because of her perfection, she got the contract, she always confesses- “I got this contract because of my perfection.”

..:Do you miss me?

Shawn:Of course, home is a boring disater, Dad is on a business trip and Mom..you know the answer.

..: Finding more way to be perfect.

Shawn hates Mom, ever since she neglected him after the accident for not being her perfect son, Dad and Mom always had loud conversation about Shawn saying he needed more attention from Mom but Shawn cared less about her, saying- “As long as I have both you and Dad, I'm better off without mom.”

Shawn: You got it.

After a long conversation with my brother,I got hungry and decided to find something to eat.

             ~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~°~
                  ~Hector~

"I guess Chicago was a great pick after all." I heard Iris said as she unpacked the luggages into the wardrobe.

"Glad you liked it." I said, dropping my phone as I looked at her-her back was facing me, she was dressed in a white bumshort and a black off shoulder.

I stood up from the bed, hugging her from behind as I heard her gasp.

"Hector," she said slowly.

"Yeah," you said, kissing her neck slowly.

"I'm not in the mood." She said.

"It's fine, I just want to be close to you, that's all." I continued to kiss her neck, going up to her ear,I could hear a soft moan escape from her lips as she pushed me away.

"I don't want to be close to you yet." She said, with a smile.

"What was that for? I just wanted to cuddle you, that's all." I said.

"Like I said, not in the mood." She said walking out of his room.

Hearing the door close,I kicked the bed angrily.

Iris has really changed her behavior recently, I didn't know what I did but it's starting to get more annoying.

A ring from a phone,disturbed my thoughts,I took the phone, seeing it was Iris's phone,I sighed tiredly.

"She forgot her phone." I muttered under my breath, when I heard a beep message from her phone, checking the message, the door opened, making stand up hurriedly.

"I forgot my phone." Iris said, walking towards me.

"I figured,I was just about to get the phone back to you before you entered." I said, with a forced smile, giving her the phone.

"Thanks," she said as she looked at me with a suspicious look.

"What's with the look?"

"Did you check my phone?"

"Is there anything you are hiding from me on the phone." I asked back.

"No," she laughed, "Bye,I want to grab something to eat." She added, giving me a kiss on my lips.

"I love you." I said, hoping to hear a sincere response from her.

"Hmm." She hummed with a sweet smile, walking out of the room.