Finale

The one that the beasts feared...dreamed about the young girl, she was light when he was dark. He had been drawn to her light, but in the end, he was still a beast. 

He had left her and returned to the woods. The women had continued on to Grandma's house and they never spoke about it again to anyone because honestly, who would believe them?

Four years later.

A young woman was driving. Alone. A storm threatened overhead. Lightening struck an old oak tree right in front of her suddenly. She slammed on the breaks as the flaming tree trunk crashed along side the road. She swerved and managed to stop just shy of the branch. She sat there. Trembling and alone. Suddenly she heard growls amidst the storm raging around her. 

A monstrous figure launched itself on her car roof with another one on the hood. She screamed and tried to drive off but too much water had covered the side of the road and her tires dug deep in the muddy divits. She was white with fear and was going to resign herself to these monsters. 

Suddenly a larger figure ROARED his rage.

HOW DARE THEY THREATEN WHAT WAS HIS?!

The lesser beasts scurried away. Even together they were no match for him. The woman sat shaking in her car. Afraid to even move or breathe. The Beast stayed outside and watched. He made no movement, only keeping his eyes on her and making sure she was safe.  

The rain picked up. She looked out into the woods and saw HIM. HE was the one who had saved her before. The one she had dreamed about for years. The way he looked at her was just as intense as it was four years prior. She was determined to know him. The heat she saw in his eyes warmed her entire being.

She opened her door and slowly got out. He looked around, concerned that she was getting wet from the storm. He cautiously approached her, not wanting to scare her off. She reached her hands out.

He took one last look around and pulled her into his arms and ran off into the woods. 

FINALLY!

FINALLY he had his treasure, his light. He was going to keep her safe always and forever in the new home he built deep in the mountain. The woman held on tightly and smiled burying her face into the side of his neck. A rumble erupted from his chest, almost a purr, a sound of contentment and warmth. 

"Mine."

"Your's"