Surprise Date

Carlos: "So where are you taking me exactly ?"

You: "Just wait 'til we get here, you're gonna get it right away."

You had just reunited with Carlos, your boyfriend, after he had been away from home for a month because of a military mission. You knew the dangers and risks that came with this kind of missions so you were happy Carlos came back in one piece. It was always very stressful for you when you stayed back home.

When you were separated, Carlos tried calling you as frequently as he could but even then, when he said he was fine you didn't believe him entirely. Carlos was very protective and he was very well able to hide things from you so you wouldn't worry. You had to wait for his return, see him step out of the train, with all his limbs still attached to his body, and rush towards you to hug you tight to finally relax.

Your job also made you travel across the country and so you were sometimes away from Carlos for long stretches of time, so you made sure to enjoy all the time you had with each other. Long distance relationships can be tough but it is all the more rewarding when you can spend time with your significant other.

You decided to take Carlos to the movie theater where you had your first date together. As soon as you parked your car in the street and Carlos got out, his face lit up. He was smiling from ear to ear and kissed you on the cheek.

Carlos: "Oh wow ! It's been a long time since we've been here, great idea !

You: "I know right ? Come on, let's go !"

You walked towards the doors of the movie theater as the big bright signs with the name of the movies written of them were shining down on you. Before going in, you decided to smoke a cigarette. You pulled your lighter out of your pocket and the tiny flame lit on the cigarette you were holding between your lips. And then, Carlos' face got closer, inches away from yours, and lit his own cigarette with the same tiny flame.

Carlos: "Thanks, didn't have mine with me."

You looked him right in the eyes and you felt yourself blushing. That was hot. But Carlos was focused on his cigarette and when he looked you in the eyes, he seemed rather confused about your weird flustered expression. Sometimes he did these things that made him even more charming and attractive, and the fact that he had no idea it was producing this effect made it even better.

You stepped inside after finishing your cigarette under the night sky. You chose a movie at random and opted out for a romantic-looking movie about a guy and a girl meeting during a trip to Italy. It seemed pretty generic but you didn't mind because tonight you didn't truly care about the movie you were going to watch together. It was more about being seated together in the movie theater, about spending time in the company of the other, as you often dreamed about when you were separated.

You paid for your tickets and then sat in one of the rows at the back of the movie room. There wasn't a lot of people coming to watch the movie, only a handful. You assumed that it was not a very popular one, maybe there would have been more viewers if it was the latest Marvel Blockbuster. It didn't bother you, you didn't like when there was too many people in the movie room with you anyway. The lights went out and after a few ads, the movie finally started.