010,

EPISODE FIVEdig dug

EPISODE FIVE
dig dug.

THE NEXT day was a saturday. nova had mixed feelings about the weekends. it was great having a break from school, but it meant she would be at home with her dad and brother. however, billy had surprisingly agreed to drive nova and max to the arcade. nova was excited to be able to play a game of dig dug.

"if you're not out in an hour—" billy began as he pulled up and both girls got out the car quickly, "walking home," they both said at the same time.

"yeah, yeah. we know, billy." nova finished as billy rolled his eyes.

"hey! watch the attitude, shitbird." she only rolled her eyes, following max inside as they flung their middle fingers up at him.

nova made her way over to dig dug, max following as she stopped. 'our of order!' she scoffed, and max groaned as keith, the arcade worker, walked over.

"sorry about that, road warrior." he ate his cheeto, his fingers covered in orange grease.

"what happened?" max raised her brows.

"short circuit on the motherboard. a real bummer. but fret not. i got another machine up and running in the back." keith spoke in a monotone voice.

"that's kinda creepy he's trying to get us to go to the back..." nova mumbled as max hushed her and followed the older boy.

"can i have a cheeto?" nova asked as they walked over to the back room. he looked down at her and thought for a moment.

"just one." he allowed and she smiled, taking one and patting him on the shoulder.

"hold these. but do not eat any more!" he said as he unlocked the back room. of course, nova ate another cheeto whilst he wasn't looking. the door opened and nova almost dropped the bag of cheetos in annoyance.

lucas sinclair sat with a nervous grin, causing both max and nova to scoff in annoyance. nova walked in first as she glared at keith.

"you better get me that date now, sinclair." he said before holding the door handle, glancing between the three. "i told you i would." lucas huffed.

"and keep things PG in here, we good?" he winked unsubtly at nova and max who pulled a face and then nova turned to lucas.

"what is this shit, stalker?" max glared as she crossed her arms.

max sighed, "sorry. i just needed a safe space." he stood up to face them, looking serious.

nova stepped forward, "a safe place to what? be creepy?"