Chapter 1

Kiara's POV

"MS.OBEROI!" I jerked up "if you don't want to pay attention, the door is right there," professor Shukla said pointing towards the door "sorry ma'am" I mumbled, and then she goes back to continuing her lecture. Somehow, I managed to pay attention throughout the rest of the lecture.

As soon as I walked out of the class, my best friend, Ahana, literally screamed in my ear "OMG! did you see how Virat finished the match off with two sixes yesterday, that was really a match to remember" Of Course, she is talking about Virat Kohli because that's all she talks about "God you scared me" I said facing her.

We were just talking about the randomest things while walking towards our cars, usually, it would be me, Ahana, and Arya gossiping while walking, but Arya wasn't feeling too good so she didn't come to college today.

The three of us have been best friends for as long as I can remember, I mean we basically grew up together since our fathers are also best friends, we are just continuing the tradition.

"Can we please have a sleepover tomorrow, we can watch the match together, it's India vs. Pakistan" I just shook my head at that. Well, you see Ahana and Arya have always been huge cricket fans, I on the other hand wasn't that big of a fan. It's not that I didn't like that sport, I just wasn't as crazy about it as them.

"I actually can't, you and Arya can have one cause apparently I have to go to one of my dad's business partner's house for dinner," I said rolling my eyes, while Aahna was just laughing at my misery "I hope you have so much fun at the dinner with the people you never even met," she said sarcastically, "I sure will" I yelled back while going to my car.

When I entered the house I wasn't surprised to see no one there. My parents are never home since work is much more important to them than spending time with their children. I don't really blame my mother though because she is not even my real mother, I mean let's face it even if she has been a part of this family for years she was never really fond of me. To be honest I don't understand why she never liked me. I never did anything for her to not like me, but it might just be because I am not her biological daughter.

I miss my mom even though I didn't get the chance to meet her since she died while giving birth to me. When I was two, my stepmother was pregnant with my brother, Kartik. He is the only good thing in this family. He has always been there for me and stood up for me in front of his mother. I love my brother, even though he can be very annoying at times.

While I was walking towards my room something fell on me, I looked at it and it was a cockroach, "AHHHH, WHAT THE FUCK!" I literally felt as if my soul left my body and then I heard someone laughing and I turned to look back to see that it was my brother laughing, honestly I am not even surprised.

"y-your f-f-face," he said while still laughing, "why are you so annoying, you know I hate cockroaches," I said smacking his arm, "oh c'mon it was fake," he said trying to get away from me, "doesn't matter," I said while rolling my eyes, I went to my room.

I freshened up and after watching some TV, I decided to work on my sketch for my project. I am majoring in fashion design, my dad once told me that my mom was a fashion designer and she always wanted to start her own clothing line but unfortunately she wasn't able to. So I decided I am going to fulfill her dream.

"KIAAAA" Kartik storms into my room before saying "Get up lazy-ass, it's time for dinner". I start to wrap up my things and head downstairs. I greet my parents good evening and as always my stepmom looks up and goes back to talking to my brother, ignoring me. I go and sit on my spot next to my brother. The dinner gets served and we start eating.

We eat in silence until my dad says "Kartik, Kiara you guys remember that we are going to my business partner's house tomorrow night for dinner right". We nodded our heads simultaneously while saying "yes dad". My dad gave us a slight nod before saying "Good, I don't want to be late at all so make sure you guys are ready before seven" and we nodded again.

I don't know why but I have a bad feeling about this dinner tomorrow, but I ignore it and go back to eating. After dinner, I go up to my room. I really don't want to go to that dinner tomorrow because all they are going to talk about is their business and I am not at all interested. I don't want to sit there for hours, pretending to be the picture-perfect daughter that my parents want me to be in front of everyone. But, I push all these thoughts away and go to sleep.

A.N - Hey guys, here's the first chapter. We feel like this chapter was not as interesting but we promise it will get better once they meet. Let us know if you liked the chapter in the comments and see you guys in the next one. Also, this is the first time we are writing a book so if there are any mistakes feel free to let us know.