Chapter 2

Kiara's POV

I groaned as I heard my phone vibrating. I picked it up without even looking at the caller ID "what" I said sleepily "wake up we are going shopping" Arya said all cheery I groaned at that, like how can a person be so cheery at 9 in the morning "I thought you were sick" I said still half asleep "well I feel better now and wanna get out of the house so let's go!" I can just tell she's grinning like an idiot "ughhh it's Saturday let me sleep" I rolled my eyes "nope get up we are going I don't care" and she hung up, wow what great friends I have got.

I got up and went to the bathroom to take a shower. After taking a shower I just decided on wearing some light blue jeans with an oversized t-shirt. I went downstairs after that to make breakfast for Kartik and I.

"KARTIK!!" I yelled "WHAT!" he yelled back from upstairs "COME DOWNSTAIRS I MADE BREAKFAST" I yelled, God my throat hurts now from all the yelling, I heard footsteps approaching me, Kartik came down. "I am going shopping with Ahana and Arya," I said while pouring the orange juice " okay but remember we have to go somewhere important," he said rolling his eyes " I will be back for the most important dinner of my life," I said sarcastically.

As I was wearing my shoes my doorbell rang indicating that Ahana and Arya are here to pick me up. I just took my phone and left. "how are you feeling now" I asked Arya "good of course we are going shopping that was all just an act so she doesn't have to go to college" Ahana said while Arya glared at her, as I just shook my head at them.

We shopped, had food, and got our nails done. Overall it was a fun girls' day. I love spending time with these two. They are the only people I consider as a family besides my brother. They have been by my side supporting me in all kinds of situations.

The day was good now hopefully the evening goes well but, I really don't have a good feeling about it. Let's see what the evening hold for me, hopefully, nothing too bad.

It was nearly 7 when I got home I hope my parents are not here yet otherwise I am done for because I am not in the "appropriate attire".

As soon as I close the door I hear a car in a driveway, so I sprint to my room to change into a flowy knee-length dress.

(A/N: if you guys don't like this dress you guys imagine something else

(A/N: if you guys don't like this dress you guys imagine something else. We promise the outfits will get better we just had to make them appropriate for the occasion.)

I went downstairs and saw my brother and my parents all dressed up and ready to leave. "don't you think you gained weight" my 'Mother' said I just ignored her like always because if I said something back they would make such a big deal out of it. "ready to leave? it's 7:30" Dad asked while looking at his watch, as Kartik and I nodded.

The near we got the more anxious I got and my Mother wasn't helping the situation by telling me to be on my best behavior every passing minute. "whose house are we even going to?" Kartik asked "we are going to the Gill's" Dad replied, "who are the Gill's?" Kartik asked again, God this guy needs to stop with the questions "one of my very important business partners" Dad replied again.

We parked the car in front of a very luxurious house and we were greeted by a couple probably in their mid 50's. I go and touch their feet because my Dad told us to while we were in the car. "oh my god look how sweet she is" the woman said "thank you" I said smiling at her.

"C'mon let's go inside," her husband said, we followed them inside "have a seat I'll go and get water," the woman said. We were just sitting on the couch when I heard footsteps of someone coming downstairs when I looked up I am met with a gorgeous face, I have seen this guy somewhere but I can't exactly pinpoint where.

"Shubh meets one of my oldest and most trustable business partners and his family," Mr. Gill said to the handsome-looking guy. "Hi sir my name's Shubman, nice to meet you," He said and touched my parents' feet. All this while I couldn't keep my eyes away from him, and him wearing a black shirt and sleeves rolled up which made it even harder to look away. He caught me staring at him and I quickly looked away, when I looked back he smirked at me and I just looked down at my feet. God this guy is just making it worse.

The adults were just sitting and talking and Kartik was talking to Shubman about cricket because apparently, he plays for team India, now I know where I saw him. I was just sitting there answering a question if someone asked. Can't even go on my phone because I have to 'be on my best behavior.

"Dinners ready," Mrs. Gill said and we all started making our way to the dining hall. We were in the middle of eating when Mr. Gill asks "So Kiara what are you majoring in?" "I am majoring in fashion designing" I replied politely and looked at Shubman he was just eating his food, ignoring his surroundings. Wow, that's not offending at all. He, yet again, caught me looking at him and smirked AGAIN. Oh lord, this is so embarrassing.

After dinner, we were all just chilling in the living room when Mr.Gill stood up "Arnav and I have an important announcement to make especially for Kiara and Shubh", he said pointing towards my Dad.

Okay, what could this be? I am genuinely concerned now because it has something to do with me and how could Shubman be involved in anything related to me. I am so confused. "What is it, Dad?" Shubman asked as his Dad smiled and took a deep breath before saying

"We are getting you guys married to merge our companies together".

A/N - Wellllll DRAMAAA. We know that there weren't many interactions between our main characters but it will get interesting as the story goes on. Also, sorry for the late update we've been busy with schools and everything but we will try our best to update regularly. Don't forget to check our other story on Abhishek Sharma 'YOURS FOREVER'. Let us know how you guys liked the chapter in the comments and see you in the next one.