[1]

It's been a few years, and lives good for now. The old memorys replay in the back of my mind. The children of the mansion running around happily, the older ones having conversations and the animals playing around outside. 

The peaceful memories, oh how I missed them. The ones when noone could expect this so special group would harm anyone. 

I remember the day, so well. The day our Boss told us that it's over. That he wouldnt be our boss anymore, that we would have a normal life again.

It was the day, everything changed for us. He moved with his brothers elsewhere.

The kids went also with him, but we've been told that they only come with him to stay with Splendorman, to keep them safe from Zalgo. The rest of us, including me, we got to live a free life. 

Some of us are still in contact, like Tim, he lives about 15 minutes away from my home, with Jay. And my life? I'm now happily married and have a 4 year old daughter. My wife's name is Ruby and my sweet daughters is Evelyn. I also work in an office, not the best but I can live with it. 

My wife works in a cafe. She's the love of my life, her long, black hair and blue eyes are never leaving me. My daughter looks a lot like her.

But theres something that bothers me. I always feel.... Watched. The thing is, it couldnt be slenderman, so who would it be then? It could be anyone, but I blame my stupid mind. It loves to play 'games' with me anyway. 

"Honey? are you okay?" Ruby leans on the doorframe of our bedroom. "Oh uhm, yeah. Just... worried I suppose." I search the outside again. The feeling of watching eyes is back, and I. Don't. Like. It. It makes me feel in danger, my family in danger. "Come on. Eve want's to spend some time with you. She's been bugging me about it for the past 10 minutes" she chuckles until a little, black haired girl runs past her and jumps on the bed next to me "Daddy!" "Hello my little princess." I pat her head and she giggles. 

I smile at her laugh. "can we play dolls? Pleeeeeease?" She makes puppy eyes, I dramatically sigh and get up to follow her to her big doll house, with as many dolls as you can count. She reminds me a lot of Sally. 

[The next day | at work]

The feeling of being wouldn't go away. I decided that I needed a break and get myself a coffee. But something was different today. Noone was at there in the breakroom, noone was here today either. It frightened me, but not as much as I saw a figure outside of the big window. It was tall. But once I blinked it disapeared. "Mr. Thomas? Are you alright?" Behind me was one of my colleagues, Gerald Holmen. He also had a coffee in his hands, but it couldn't happen that fast, right? "How long have you been here?" I try to sound as casual as I could, but I could sense that the figure was outside. "Like 2 minutes? You really seem disturbed, is everything good with you? Are you feeling dizzy or something?" I couldn't tell him the truth, he'd think I'm insane, well, I used to be. 

"I'm fine, just a bit anxious." He noods, and takes a sip. I look outside the window again, the figure was gone, but it reminded me of something or someone. 

I remember seeing it. But I can't remember, who it was.

My mind wanders further as I finish up my work and go home. Ruby will pick up Eve later. My I have a very bad headache, so I go to the medicine cabinet and take out a bottle, I chug down two pills. 

Bad decision~

...

I open my eyes in my bed. The clock shows 4pm. I must have passed out, Ruby has put me to bed. But it's weird, I can neither hear her or Evelyn. It gives me goosebumps. They should be home. For 2 Hours now. Both. This is wrong. Theres something very wrong. "Brian!" Someone calls me. Ruby. I jump off the bed and run towards the door and downstairs to the living room. She wasnt there. My mind rushes, the feeling of despair builds up inside of me. 

Where is my family. Where the bloody hell is my family. 

I hear a familiar static inside of my ears. He's messing with my mind, Slenderman's back. Out of a window I spot the tall figure again. I run outside towards it, it doesn't move.

I trip and fall. This isn't Slenderman. "X? What happened to you.. and what have you done to my wife and daughter?!" I hear a scream. Oh no. no no no.

I run back inside, but just in the frontdoor step I stop. My legs shake, and I fall to the ground. Both, Ruby and Evelyn are there. The body's around 2 meters infront of me on the floor, in the middle of a pool of blood, reaching to the doorway. The head of my daughter was half cut off, and my wife's legs were gone. 

My cries are heard further then my pain. The pain, of the loss of my family, due to the very familiar... THING... I used to call friend. "They were useless to us." My sadness gets mixed with Anger. I spin around and see X right infront of me. "SHUT UP. YOU MONSTER. YOU KILLED MY FAMILY. How could I ever called you friend!" "I did it because you'd chose against your real family. I'm collecting the gang together." It's hand reached out, just how I accepted Slenderman back then. "You'll forget them. The pain will be gone. Trust me."

As dumb as it sounded. I accepted the offer, and we walked hand in hand off in the forest behind my house. 

The pain disapeared.
I am a proxy. I don't need the feeling of a family. 

I'm a killer. 

I serve X now.