A Battle of Egos- Chapter 7

Percy continued to train and master his godly abilities, although he still could not flash to places, how convenient it would have been.

His palace had finally been done being built. Athena and Percy had consulted about the overall design and layout of his palace. Every palace of the gods was tailored to match the interests and desires of the individual.

Percy had asked for a gaming room, a tennis court, basketball court, an arena, a training facility, a swimming pool a lounge, a huge bedroom, a theatre and a huge vegetable garden per the request of Demeter. His balcony's view was breathtaking, being able to view all of Olympus. 

He basked in the sunlight, admiring the sunrise. This was his routine now, he wanted to become the most powerful god he could become, the fates had blessed him with endless potential through his domains, he learned here that to become powerful, you needed to put in the work.

He worked tirelessly on his combat skills. He even mastered gymnastics to have an edge in battles. His hand to hand combat was also refined much more than his demigod days, and he even put in time to work on his archery, which he hadn't become too shabby at.

He was lying tho..he trained with the same event replaying in mind, the death of Annabeth. Once he had become a god, he swore to himself to never see a loved one perish in such a way. He trained hours on end, to perfect every little flaw he once had.

It came the time he wanted to test his handwork, so what did he do. He let his ego get in the way.  He challenged Ares to a duel, no powers, only weapons.

"Punk, remember I am the god of war, you got nerve"

"its time to put those teachings to use, I have been training hard, lets test both our skills"

"deal, meet me in the Grand Arena in 3 hours"

Ares was more than ready, he advertised to all of Olympus, calling it the "The beating of a lifetime" 

The crowd that showed up to the event was enormous. All the Olympians were in attendance, as well as local nymphs and spirits. Percy invited some of his closest friends from Camp Half Blood, including Jason, Piper, Nico, Hazel, Frank, Leo, the Stoll brothers. He was confident in his abilities, otherwise he wouldn't have invited them. 

Ares marched into the arena triumphantly, almost as if he had won the battle before it started. He had celestial bronze armor on, with his patented spear. 

Percy smirked, part of his strategy was too use Ares pridefulness against him.

Percy walked into the arena, with riptide by his side. He was also wearing celestial bronze armor. 

Both opponents stared each other down.

Ares made the first move, charging at Percy. Normally this would induct fear into any being, but Perseus remained unfazed. He didn't move an inch, until Ares was a foot away, blocking his strike with relative strike.

Ares kept the offensive, slashing with powerful blows, his strategy clearely being to wear Percy down. Percy however kept his composure, parrying the strikes, and leaving no opening for the war god to capitalize on

Percy easily deflected the strikes. Slowly they started to get sloppier, this is where Percy capitalized.

He started counterattacking, his sword twirling in his hand, his footwork immaculate and his focus impenetrable. He slashed and hacked with utmost precision, Ares stumbled back, he tried to slash but Percy sidestepped easily, he tried to swing for his head, but Percy jumped over his strike, causing oohs and awwhs in the crowd. The audiance looked in amazement at the skill the young god showed.

Percy's strikes grew with power, and speed, he was moving in a blur, and eventually Ares could not keep up with. Percy found an opening, slashing at his leg, before kicking him in the stomach and disarming him at the same time. Ares kneeled while Percy had both his weapon and Ares's in a cross formation just inches away from penetrating the skin of the war god.

"Do you yield"

"Yes" Ares grumbled.

The crowd was silent for a moment, shocked at how the god of war had so comprehensively been beaten. Those who watched witnessed a clinic of swordsmanship and combat arts, watching Percy was a work of art.

Then it erupted into cheers, none louder than Hermes,  Apollo, his friends as well as Poseidon. Even Athena and Artemis cracked smiles, they both despised Ares, and being beaten in such fashion would definitely take a huge hit on his ego, as well as his reputation.

Very soon, Percy's win became the talk of Olympus. Hephaestus could not let this embarrassing moment for Ares slide, making sure to air it daily on Hephaestus TV.

Olympus had been put on notice by Perseus Jackson.