Ming

It had been a long day. Basketball practice killed me and even worse, was fending off all those female vultures post practice.

I met Pha and Kit for dinner with their boyfriends. Beam didn't join us but I guess he was prolly off with someone. The boys did mention they couldn't get him through his cell but I prolly figured it was just switched off.

That thought did drive a little stab right into the centre of my heart. But I shook off the feeling, knowing that dwelling on it will not change anything or lighten my  discomfort.

I trudged back to my dorm, tired af. I was about to unlock my door when I realized it was slightly ajar.

What the fuck?! Who broke in?!?!?!? Damn. I quickly clenched my fists, ready to fight back whomever was behind that door.

I went in and yelled "What the fuck do you think you are doing?!?!"

I stopped in my tracks, totally thrown off by what I would call a domestic scene, Beam wearing an apron, sleeves rolled up, top 2 buttons off and just cooking something. I looked around and realised my room was spotless too. He must have cleaned up my pigsty of a room.

"Beam? I mean, P'Beam? What are you doing here?" I sputtered.

Beam chuckled deeply seeing my face.

"I know you must have had a long day. So I thought I cook you something for dinner. I wanted to call you and let you know but my phone was dead. I know you had given me a copy of your key before so i finally used it. Hope that's OK?"

I just stared at him for the longest. What the fuck was this man doing, playing with my heart like this unknowingly?!?!?
The emotional turmoil- I was so happy to see such a domestic scene in my room, knowing someone was waiting for me to come home with a piping hot meal ready for me. Plus the fact that he remembered my long ass schedule and decided to surprise me despite being tired himself.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and closed my eyes for a bit, sighing deeply. Beam came closer to me and I could hear him asking if I was OK.

I just kept looking downwards for a while till I felt his hands on my shoulder. That's when I crumbled and I held him close. I hugged him tight, sobbing softly.

"Just for once, let me say this once and get it out of my system. I promise I will never broach this again and we can go back to being friends. But I have held this in for a very very long time and seeing you being so nice to me is just crumbling all of my self resolve. I love you Beam.".

I had dropped all fucking seniority call and respect and just totally outed myself to this guy.

I was prepared for Beam to let go of me but instead I felt his arms go around me, shushing me, caressing my hair and going

"OH lord, you have no idea on how much I had hoped I will hear that from you.".

I looked up speechless, my tear streaked face and all. I didn't know what to say. Did I hear him right? Did he just say what I thought i heard him say?

"Yes you did. Stop talking your thoughts out loud. On 2nd thoughts, you should have done it earlier and it would have saved me so much of agony and emotional turmoil. I love you Ming."

"From me to you, all i want to give you is my heart and ask yours in return. Please?"

I cried harder, holding onto Beam with all of my fibre, not able to believe my wildest dream had come true finally.