Part 7

id gone in with feyre, as moral support. i hadn't wanted to at first but i let her drag me along with her fea grip.  Feyre told them our story, mainly hers. Explaining every detail she could including the last few months.

"Find somewhere else." Nesta snapped.

"Nesta please." Fayre breathed. "There is nowhere else; nowhere i can go without someone hunting me."

"And what of us? When the people around here think were fae sympathisers? Are we any better then the children of the blessed? Any standing, any influence we have - gone. And what of Elains wedding?"

"Wedding?" Feyre asked.

"In five months she's marrying the lords son. And his father has devoted his life to hunting your kind." Nesta hissed. It was in these moments i missed azriel and his shadows, how calm he was in all situations.

"There will be no meeting here. There will be no fae in this house." Nesta replied.

Elain worked her magic and convinced nesta to allow the meeting. Elian sent away the staff and by dinner we were bringing in the boys.

Elain and nesta stood by the far window when feyre brought them in. Rhysand had no wings to make for more room.

"My sisters nesta and elain." Feyre introduced.

"Cassian. Azriel and Rhysand, high lord of the night court." Feyre introduced them. I had found myself next to azriel his arm wrapped around my waist, i gave his upper arm a soft squeeze before returning my gaze to the room.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, his nose brushing my cheek. I gave him a nod in response. he saueezed my hip gently and i relaxed into his side. Rhysand gave his usual thank you speach to nesta who shut him down instantly with talk of dinner before she headed to the dining table.

"Nice to meet you." Elain managed to say before scurrying after nesta. it took all my effort not to roll my eyes. after everything id gone through id been more open to the fae then they are.

Nesta sat at the head of the table, feyre on her right, Elain on the left. Cassian sat next to elain and rhys next to feyre and azriel on his other side. I slipped in a seat at the end close to azriel.

"Is there something wrong with our food? Neata asked her eyes glaring at feyre.

"No." Feyre swallowed.

"So you can't eat normal food anymore, or are you to good for it?" Nesta challenged.

"I can eat, drink, fuck, and fight just as well as i did before. Better, even." Feyres reply had cassian and Azriel chocking on their food.

"Careful." I signed giving them both a wink.

Rhysand tried to explain to feyre how different their food taste to that made by fae but she wouldn't listen.

"What are you looking at?" Neata sneered at Cassian who had stared to long.

"Someone who let their younger sisters risk their lives every day in the woods whilst she did nothing. Someone who let their fourteen year old sisters go out into that forest so close to the wall, where one had more than just her voice taken from her." Cassian growled, i paled as Feyre turned to me. "Your sister died- died to save my people. She is willing to do so again to protect your from war. So don't expect me to sit here with my mouth shut while you sneer at her for a choice she did not get to make - and insult my people in the process."

"It... it is very hard, you to understand, to ..... accept it." Elian spoke. "We were raised this way. We hear stories of your kind crossing the wall to hurt us. Our own neighbour, clare, was taken, her family murdered."

"Its all very disorienting." Elain muttered.

"I can imagine, from what Althea has told me." Azriel told elain, i gave him a soft smile. he took my free hand, a bold move infront of nesta. but he didn't let go, he just tightened his grip slightly.

"As for the twins hunting during those years. It was not nestas neglect alone that is to blame. We were scared, and had received no training, and everything had been taken. And we failed them them. Both of us." Elain said more confidently this time to cassian.

"Can we just.... Start over?" Feyre asked nesta.

"Fine." Nesta hissed.

"Can you truly fly?" elain asked, her eyes on the Illyrian wings.

"Yes. Cassian and i hail from a race of faeries called Illyrians. We're born hearing the song of the wind." Azriel told her.

"Thats very beautiful." She said. "Is it not frightening though? To fly so high." She asked.

"It is sometimes. If you are caught in a storm, if the current drops away. But where trained so throughly that the fear us gone before we're out of swaddling." Azriel said, though he hadn't, he had learnt much much later then that.

"You look like high fae. But you are not?" Nesta asked.

"Only high fae look like them." Cassian drawled to rhys and feyre. "are high fae. Everyone else, any other difference, mark you as what they like to call lesser faeries."

"It became a term used for ease, but masks a long bloody history of injustice. Many lesser faeries resent the term and wish for us all to be called one thing." Rhysand told her.

"Rightly so." Cassian added.

"But you were not high fae, not to begin with. So what do they call you?" Nesta asked feyre.

"Feyre is whoever she chooses to be." Rhysand replied.

"And Althea?" Nesta asked.

"Altheas journey is just beginning." Azreil said. elain looked at me, those eyes moved over me slowly, something like pity in her eyes. her eyes left me and moved to azriel and how he held my hand, how his shadows danced around me, and she smiled, pushing her ahoulders back slightly. i tried to catch her faze again but she turned back to the others.

"Write your letter to the queens tonight. Tomorrow me and elain will go to town to dispatch it. If the queens do come here id suggest bracing yourself for prejudice far deeper then ours. And contemplating how you plan to get us all put of this mess should things go sour." Nesta told them.

"We'll take that into account." Rhys said.

"Ill assume youll want to stay the night." Nesta said.

"If its not to much trouble, then yes. We'll leave after breakfast tomorrow." Feyre replied.

"Good. I think there are a few bedrooms ready." Nesta didn't smile.

"We'll need two. Next to each other." Rhts said. "Magic is different across the wall so our shields, our senses might not work right. Im taking no chances. Especially in a house with a woman engaged to a man who gave her an iron ring."

"The bedrooms with multiple beds aren't next to each other." Elain spoke slightly embarrassed.

"We'll move things around. Its fine." Feyre said. "This one is only cranky because he's old and it's passed his bedtime."

"If were done eating, then this meal is over." Nesta soon went to bed.

------

I woke up early the next morning and decided to go for a walk. I had chose the safer option and slept in a room with cassian and Azriel.

I walked in the opposite direction to where Rhys was training feyre. And by train i meant use a bate.

Azriel said goodbye before he was even called to deal with the attor. he held me tight, wrapped menin his wings. i still felt the ghostbof his lips on my forhead. Cassian soon followed along with rhysand and feyre. I was left with my sisters.