An ostrich for your thoughts

"Angie," a voice rang out in the distance.

    It was like her name wasn't called. Like she just felt like it was called. Was it a young girl?

    "Angie," The same voice said again.

    Angie couldn't tell where it was really coming from. Maybe in front of her?

    "Angie," A mans voice came from behind her. She whipped around finding nothing.

    "Angie!" A scared woman's voice came from her left. Or maybe in front of her?

    The voices started saying her name in a chant but slightly off from each other. She couldn't focus on one sound. They started getting more and more frantic. Angie walked in a direction. She turned and walked into another.

    The voices gained more voices. They were all around her. She started to run in one direction. The voices got louder but further away. She ran as fast as she could in a direction. Her arms extended trying to get as close as possible to the sound.

    She changed directions and sprinted in that direction. She started to sweat. It fell from her into a puddle that got bigger and bigger. She needed to get to the voices. She had to get to the voices!

    Angie woke up with a startle on her left side. She slept that way because it faced Jared's side of the bed. She took a deep breath with her eyes closed tight. Just breathing. She dreamed a lot but usually only in the middle of the night. Angie could feel it was morning.

    She had woken up before her alarm. That wasn't a surprise. She played this game with it more often then not. Rolling onto her back she prayed for 20 more minutes. 15 at the least. Hell, today 5 would do.

    Slightly opening one eye she checked for light in the room. The baseless hope that it was still dark shattered when she saw her curtain. It was slightly lighter outside then inside. The pale blue panel being illuminated barely.

    Rolling back over to her side she grabbed her phone. Dead. She put it back down with a thunk and rolled on her back again.

    Very annoyed she sat up and supported her weight with her arms in back of her. A yawn escaped and almost choked her. She let out a little cough. She promised her ever critical shadow she would cut down on smoking. Probably not today though.

    She sat on the side of the bed. Grabbed her phone. Then remembered it was dead. She rolled her eyes. That was likely not the last time she'd roll her eyes today.

    She got up and stretched on the way to the bathroom. Still not knowing what time it was she decided that peeing was way more important. After finishing she went to wash her hands.

    The only light in the bathroom was the little window over the shower. She always liked how her lavender shower curtain lit up the bathroom in the morning. That window was pointing east and would get the sunlight first.

    She looked in the mirror unimpressed. Angie didn't wear much makeup day to day but always put a little mascara on in the morning. She didn't take it off last night so it was clumped on her lashes and spread to under her eyes. She grabbed a makeup wipe and scrubbed at it.

    After she was pretty sure she got it all she looked at her image in the mirror. Auburn red, Medium length, half curly and half wavy hair sat jumbled on her head. She never knew what to do with it. The sisters all looked different. Fionna had straight hair and Amanda had perfect beach waves.

    Angie wasn't thin. She also wasn't fat. She was somewhere in between with a very modest figure. Her sisters were blessed with shapely tops and bottoms but Angie didn't really have either. The only time she wished she had some kind of butt was when her pants wouldn't stay up.

    She tried to smooth her hair down but it just went back into place. Spraying in some leave-in-conditioner she raked her fingers through it. She fixed her part and gave up on it.

    Usually she put it in a messy bun at night just to keep it out of her face. Yesterday was just too much for a nightly routine of any kind. She looked at her face moisturizer. Not today, not yesterday either. She really only used it when Jared was home. Her nonexistent shadow understood graciously.

    Turning around to leave the bathroom she put some good intentions into the atmosphere, "When I flip this switch the power will be on."

    Knowing that it wasn't going to work, but good intentions anyway. She flipped it. Nothing. Rolling her eyes again she flipped it back down for no reason.