Conclusion

There are several types of people.

The ones whose acts are driven by emotions.

The ones who act upon logic.

And then there is us. The ghosts. The ones who cannot experience love and yet are denied the security of logic.

At first glance we're just like you, calm, resigned, content beings, but deep inside we bear an emptiness bigger than your simple minds can ever fathom.

We don't share your joy, love or sympathies.

Unlike you, we don't fear dying, we just fear dying before we have managed to conquer the world… and we fear that once we do conquer it, we will suddenly run into a dead end, where the only escape route starts with a bullet in the head.

We fear being confronted by your happiness. We fear being left out of what is important. We fear you and your comfortable lives.

That's why we always wear masks. Masks of happiness, masks of woes, masks of any possible emotions and under these shameful caricatures of ourselves lies the only true feeling we're capable of- the fear…

But one day our veils must fall, you'll see us in our true colors and will be the judges of our lives.

You'll gasp in shock, asking yourself how that decent looking person could have been such a monster all the time. You'll curse yourself for not seeing the world our life offered. You'll wonder how we managed to make you doubt your own identity.

The answer is probably more simple than you'd like.

We are extremely good manipulators.

So take a good look at yourself

You could as well be one of us.

273 words