03|Bounty Hunter

At night, Coruscant felt like a completely different city. The blinding lights made it feel like the city never slept, partying all through the witching hour until the sun began to rise over the horizon, but the dark brought about crimes and danger as pickpockets and thieves to work stealing from the drunken party-goers. Predators lurked in the shadows for the women who had perhaps had just one too many shots of Corellian vodka, scum was everywhere as cantinas became filled with the worst of Coruscant's underworld.

Down the Broadway of the of the Uscru Entertainment District, a speeder came to a stop on a balcony next to some bright advertisements. Out hopped a figure dressed in purple, a piece of cloth dangling from her helmet. She approached the shadows, where a figure in berserker-forged armor hid. "I hit the ship, but they used a decoy," a female voice spoke.

"We'll have to try something more subtle this time, Zam," the figure in the shadows responded, their own voice altered by the helmet they wore. "My client is getting impatient. Take these," the figure held out a clear cylindrical tube for the woman to take. Inside, two strange creatures with hundreds of legs scuttles about. "Be careful, they're very poisonous." Zam took the container and turned to head back to her speeder. "Zam!" The figure called, making Zam turn back to them, "there can be no mistakes this time," Zam wrapped the cloth over her face, leaving just her eyes shown.

 "Zam!" The figure called, making Zam turn back to them, "there can be no mistakes this time," Zam wrapped the cloth over her face, leaving just her eyes shown

Obi-Wan walked into the apartment from the hallway, the door sliding closed behind him. Padme stood at the entrance to the balcony, the transparisteel doors closed but the blinds slightly parted to allow her to look out. She had shed her cloak, the red fabric neatly draped over the back of a chair at the dining table. "Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs, no assassin would try that way," Obi-Wan announced as he removed his own cloak, laying it over the arm of the sofa, "any activity up here?" 

"Quiet as a tomb," Padme replied, turning to meet her Master. Obi-Wan reached into his robes and pulled out a small device, "I don't like just waiting around for something to happen to him," She admitted as Obi-wan fiddled with the device, his brow furrowing.

"What's going on?" He asked, more to the device.

"Ah, he covered the cameras," Padme admitted, "I don't think he like us watching him sleep." Obi-Wan let out an exasperated sigh.

"Of course he did," the Jedi muttered, striding over to the bedroom doors, "what was he thinking?" 

"He's programmed R2-D2 to warn us if there is an intruder," the padawan added as Obi-wan stopped just short of the door controls.

"There are other ways to kill a senator," The Jedi  Knight commented.

"I know, but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we, Master?" Obi-Wan turned his head to at his padawan, realization lighting his eyes as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"You're using him as bait."  

"It was his idea," Padme clarified, holding her hands up in defense of herself as she stared at the door, "don't worry, no harm will come to him. I can sense everything going on in that room. Trust me." Obi-Wan frowned, turning back to also stare at the bedroom doors.