It took me six hours to unpack and decorate my room. I'm exhausted. I walk to the living room and flop down onto the couch. Lia comes out in what looks like a designer dress. It's short, sparkly and stunning. Her heels click on the floor as she comes to the couch to sit next to me.

"I know you're probably tired, but I'm going to a frat tonight. I wanted to ask if you'd like to join me for some valuable roomie bonding time," she says. Her brown eyes are slightly glassy and her skin looks less pale than it did this morning. Her blonde hair is curled but still reaches halfway down her back. I can't compete with her.

"How good do I have to look for this thing?" I ask while looking at my stained Penn State sweatshirt and booty shorts from eighth grade.

"I mean that's completely up to you, but it's your debut to the social scene here," Lia says as she takes in my appearance. "I can help you," she adds.

"Work your magic fairy godmother," I say.

"Okay, but I'm a little drunk, so keep that in mind," Lia says with a giggle.

Forty-five minutes, a bottle of hairspray, two cans of truly and one broken hair tie later, I'm ready to go. Lia and I walk down the street to the frat house, which is only three blocks away. My brown hair is pulled into a ponytail that Ariana Grande would be jealous of. I decided to keep my outfit simple. I'm wearing ripped jeans, white Air-Force Ones and a black top that barely covers my boobs. A social scene debut requires showing off a little bit.

"A guy I hooked up with last year lives here," Lia says, "We can cut the line. I have plenty of blackmail against this brotherhood, so they treat me like a queen."

"Oh sweet. Do you think the queen treatment will extend to me tonight? I ask.

Lia assesses me. "Maybe. They prefer blondes, but brunettes are a close second," she says. "They tell me I have sweet eyes because they're brown, so I guess we're in the same boat there."

Lia hooks her arm in mine and she struts to the door with her head held high. I probably look like a lost puppy behind her. The guy at the door is wearing sunglasses, but he still looks like a big softie. Definitely not who I would pick to be a bouncer. "Hey, Lia! We made your favorite drink for you. It's in Edgar's mini-fridge. We didn't expect you to bring a friend, but she's welcome to everything you are."