~ Garage ~

The last few days in Derry had been relatively quiet for the Losers

The last few days in Derry had been relatively quiet for the Losers. Maybe even to quiet..? Content, Richie observed Elaine from her bed as she combed her fingers through her long brown hair. She stood by her window smoking a cigarette. Though Richie hated when she smoked, he couldn't help but be mesmerized by her.

Blowing the smoke out her bedroom window, Elaine smiled back at his stares. "What are you looking at?" She giggled, sticking a hand out for him to join her by the window. He chuckled at her action. "You're so beautiful," Elaine blushed, unsure how to respond to this. Richie's face twisted, eyeing the cigarette between her lips, "You know, you really shouldn't smoke,"

Richie yanked the cigarette from her mouth, taking a long puff and blowing the smoke into her face. Elaine coughed, crossing her arms at him. "I'll smoke if I want to." Richie rolled his eyes, fixing his glasses. "You're too pretty to smoke, Lainey," Elaine ignored his compliment, putting her head in her hands to cover the blush spreading over her cheeks.

"Your fault Rich, remember?" He groaned, "Are you ever going to let me live the down?" Elaine shook her head. Sure they were young but the addiction really stuck. "Your lungs are going to be totally fucked for life!" Richie sang, checking himself out in her mirror. "My lungs are just fine." She huffed, trying to snatch her cigarette back. This only caused Richie to put it out on her ashtray with the rest of the burnt cigarettes.

"Well, according to Eddie, you're probably going to die before the age of fifty, so-" Elaine turned to Richie, a big cheeky smile on her face. "Since when do you listen to Eddie?" He flipped her off, "Since it's about you." "Aw, you big softie-" He smiled, grateful the phone began to ring. "I'll get it!" Richie sprung to his feet, avoiding this conversation at all costs.

"Hello, Elaine Fitzgerald speaking." He mocked, his voice high-pitched. Bill stood confused on the other line. "R-Richie? Is that you?" Richie sighed, "Is it that obvious?" Bill went on, explaining to Richie that he and Elaine had to join him and the rest of the group in his garage. "Why your garage?" Richie asked confused. "Because!"

"I better not get gang banged," "J-Just hurry!" "Why can't you just tell me?" Richie asked, not hearing a response on the other line. "Bill? Hello?" He glared at the phone, realizing he'd been hung up on. "Mother fucker!" He exclaimed, waltzing back into Elaine's room, "C'mon Doll, let's hit the road," With his statement, the two rode to Bill's house, the streamers on Elaine's pink bike flowing with the wind

When they arrived, they were met with the Losers eagerly waiting for them outside. Richie threw his arms up in air, "What is this? Huh? Me and Elaine were kind of busy!" Already annoyed with him Eddie groaned, "Can you just shut up, Richie?!" Richie snickered, slowly lowering his arms, "Jeez, someone's on his period."

In the garage, Bill put up a map of the sewers and turned on a projector. Mike then shut the garage door, the small space now filled with nothing but darkness. Ben inserted some film into the machine, making the poster light up and connect with the projection of the old map of Derry. "Look, that's where G-Georgie disappeared," Bill pointed, a spot on the map crossed out with an x.