part 5

{final part}
i was too lazy to keep separating them so this ones a bit longer

When I was little I would always lay in bed staring at the ceiling. My father would quietly stumble in the dark and ever so lightly sit on my bed. It was the same as their arguments but this was more of a comfort. He kissed my forehead and told me "I love you, I'm always here for you." I longed for that feeling of safety again. I felt like nothing could ever hurt me. I quickly learned that wasn't true. One weekend over at my dads we had argued all day. The cheap apartment drywalls were so thin I could hear his tears. I got an awful drop in my stomach. The next day at school I never even murmured a word. This time I wasn't angry at him, I was angry at myself. I have so much room needed to grow in myself. I just needed home again. I needed my family back. I'm alone.

Things eventually got better. I had been taking voice lessons to take my mind off everything. Today was my day. There's an open mic night and I'm performing the song I wrote. I was supposed to be staying with dad but we arranged it so mom could take me to the event. You would think he would remember to come. I guess not. It was my best performance ever given. My notes bled into each other and my pitch even. Everything was there, except him. My dad was missing, another promise shattered. My heart sank. Though I was pleased with my performance, I staggered out the doors doing everything not to cry. My stream of tears halted as that voice lingered in the air. He came, late, but he came. In the moment it all became clear. He could not keep up with his truths all he wanted, but there was one he couldn't let go. He loved me, I loved him. He was my favorite liar. 

After that everything seemed to resolve itself. My dad got a better apartment and mom started a better life. Everything seemed more exhilarated. Maybe my dad was right, It was going to be okay.