(𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈.)𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒

━═━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━═━

IT HAD BEEN TWO DAYS SINCE THE DEPARTURE OF THE SURVEY CORPS FROM THE WALLS AND THEY WERE ALREADY EXHAUSTED. They kept reminding themselves that F/n had done without food or water supply and just relied on nature, which was certainly something they looked up to.

But not all of them were complaining.

Armin, despite having to focus on searching for the woman like how everyone else was, had been glancing at random places every now and then.

They had travelled far enough to be here, in the middle of what they could say, nowhere. But they had seen things. Nice things.

The trees were different in this area. They looked shorter and looked less intimidating. The grass was taller and flowers were everywhere. Kinds of flowers that none of them knew about.

The sky was clear and the sun was shining brightly. It was beautiful.

They wished they could experience this together with the woman they were searching for but they knew that that could wait for another time and that finding her was their main priority.

There were fewer Titans in this area so they were able to travel in the day without anyone dying and having to only kill when they get a little too close.

It was perfect. Almost.

Levi had his eyebrows furrowed and his eyes strained ahead of him, glancing elsewhere every now and then in hopes to find the woman.

His head pulsated every time a memory of them interacting appeared in his head and it was hard not to break down every time that happened. Erwin and Hange were quick to notice but said nothing as they did not want to worsen the situation.

The Captain swallowed thickly, breathing in a sharp breath before releasing it slowly and shaking his head as if it could make the memories go elsewhere.

The ride continued smoothly but the scenery soon changed and they were once again in the woods.

Eren glanced around the area, seeing how the woods were far different from the ones closer to the walls. They were much more filled with other kinds of plants like mushrooms and sedges and ferns.

The flowers looked slightly different compared to the ones they saw earlier but they were equally beautiful. There were rocks and stones of different shapes and sizes but one thing caught his eye.

"Wow..."

The lake was far inside the woods, almost as though it was meant to be hidden. Mountains were visible in the scenery and the thick layers of spruce trees were cleared slightly.