i'm acting like a fool

Noah had an eventful past few days, to say the least. And it's not even of her own making. Her busier days can be blamed entirely on Hyeok and until now, four days after That Night™ in the skatepark, Noah still can't decide if she likes it or not. Sure, there's finally something substantial and consistent in her routine, something to actually do that would stimulate her brain but- 

Noah was right to call Hyeok a sadist, considering how strict a teacher he can be. 

And he was serious when he said she wasn't leaving the skatepark without knowing a BMX trick that first night. Noah feels proud of herself for somehow learning how to balance herself just on the back wheels of a BMX, with the front wheel raised from the ground, and she has to admit that it... 

It was fun. Learning tricks on a BMX. Sadistic teacher Kwon Hyeok aside, of course. 

(Most of all, Noah finally manged to ask Hyeok how to actually pronounce his Korean name, because no matter how hard she tries, calling him by his Western name feels wrong so- 

Korean name it is. 

It might've took Noah a good long while to finally get her lips wrapped around Hyeok's name comfortably, what with her accent butchering the syllables to an almost embarassing degree but...

Seeing the pleased look on his face, when she finally said 'Kwon Hyeok' naturally- 

It... It felt good.) 

So maybe she's getting comfortable with Hyeok. Getting chummy with the guy, even, since it's obvious she's the closest to him out of everyone else in Sabbath Crew - not that Noah really tried to make friends with the others, not actively, at least. 

Does she know what to do with the fact that she made friends? With someone like Sabbath Crew's Kwon Hyeok? No. Absolutely not. Is she going to do anything about it? 

Well- 

"Your balance is getting better." Hyeok comments, watching her intently as Noah takes a swig from her water bottle. She has his BMX again, and this time she's dressed more appropriately for biking activities, as well as wearing some elbow and knee guards for herself because hitting the concrete is no way fun. "Good work." 

Noah smirks at him as she caps her bottle. "Told you I'd get it." She could probably balance herself for 5 seconds now, with only just a bit of wobbling. She knows she could do it longer though. 

Hyeok nods. "That you did." He agrees, and Noah feels smug. Hw gestures back at his BMX. "Think you're ready for a nose-manual now?" 

The smugness drains out of Noah faster than she could say 'cyclist'. "Uh..." She looks down at the bike. "I thought the bunny hop would be first...?" She's annoyed that her statement ended up a question, but Hyeok pays no attention to it, instead launching into an explanation. 

"The two kinds of manuals help you develop the kind of body control required for a bunny hop," He begins, hands in his pockets. "Front-wheel manual, to neutral, and then to rear-wheel manual. You can practice those positions, back and forth, before you can even attempt to try a bunny hop. Neutral is a no-brainer, your manual is coming along nicely, so I suppose I can teach you nose-manual now." 

His explanation makes sense, and while Noah wants to prove him wrong, that she can try learning the bunny hop right this instant, she... she's really not interested in eating concrete right now. Samuel is already annoyed at her for always going out at night to meet with Hyeok for the past few days; Noah doesn't want to give her friend a reason to stop her if she goes back injured, and most of all she doesn't want Owen all up in her business. 

That's the stuff of nightmares. 

So with a sigh, Noah dismounts the bike and hands it to Hyeok, who gives her a nod of thanks. He settles himself on the bike, hands flexing around the handlebars, and Noah absently wonders if he can feel the heat left behind by her own hands.