round and round; you're up in my head darling

Noah is in trouble. 

In a way, at least. 

"Hey. Hey, Noah." 

Noah absently swats away Samuel's foot nudging her leg, but she doesn't respond to his prodding. Could barely hear him over her thoughts, really. And her thoughts are louder than usual. Hysterical screaming instead of the usual ceaseless talking. 

Her head hurts, Noah thinks. 

"Oi, what the fuck has gotten into you?" 

Good question, Noah thinks, but she just sighs and throws the comforter over her face, trying to see if she could smother herself with it. 

(She can't.) 

Noah has a lot of problems. That's not strange, considering the world they live in, the state of things as they are, Noah's own issues, and most of all- 

Most of all- 

"God this girl gone over the edge, huh." Noah hears Samuel puttering around their room. He seems to be on his way to leave. "Give me a call when you feel more human again, eh? I'm gonna go take some laps around the city." 

Silence for a little bit, Samuel probably waiting for Noah to reply - she doesn't do anything to acknowledge him, really - and when her friend realized that no, Noah isn't going to reply, he sighs in exasperation, grumbles something under his breath, and finally leaves. 

Noah just lies under the covers a little longer, listening until she could no longer hear Samuel, and only then did she finally lower the covers, staring blankly at the ceiling of their hotel room. 

 'I'm in trouble.' Noah thinks absently, and before she could stop herself, her hand drifts to her lips, and her mind wanders to- 

To last night. 

When Hyeok kissed her. 

Hyeok. Kissing. Her. 

'Trouble.' Noah thinks, remembering how warm his hands were around her waist, how she didn't have to tilt her head so far up when Hyeok kissed her. 

'Trouble.' Noah thinks, remembering the way she grabbed fistfuls of Hyeok's jacket to hold him in place, the way she leaned into him, met him halfway. Kissed him back and pulled a noise of surprise deep from Hyeok's chest. 

'Trouble.' Noah thinks, realizing with both horror and reckless excitement that she didn't mind Hyeok kissing her. 

Last night, in order to get cops off their back, Hyeok kissed her, and kissed her hard, practically making out with her in a dirty ass alleyway just so he could yell at the cops for interrupting his time with his girl. Last night, after Hyeok had yelled the cops into giving up the chase, Noah had grabbed his collar again and pulled him down into another kiss, forceful and insistent - demanding - and Hyeok... 

Hyeok kissed her back, making it their second kiss that night, and Noah- 

Hyeok said she can punch him afterwards. Noah didn't get it at first, but she didn't think much about it; who is she to miss out on a free pass to clock Hyeok in the face, after all? She might be fond of the guy now, but he's still annoying, and he honestly deserves a fist to the gut, in Noah's humble opinion. 

But that wasn't what happened, no. Instead of punching him, Noah kissed him and Hyeok... Well. He responded. Enthusiastically. Enthusiastically enough that Noah was gasping by the end of it, head spinning, her hair a mess from when Hyeok put his hand at the back of her head so she wouldn't touch the wall behind her. Hyeok didn't look as put together by the end as well, his clothes rumpled, his jacket practically shoved off of his shoulder and his hair - already a mess - made messier.