𝑣𝑜𝑖𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑎𝑖𝑙

♡━━━♡━━━♡

As the screeching tires of the vehicle faded into the soft pitter patter of the rain the Jujutsu Tech student stood in the centre of a parking lot

As the screeching tires of the vehicle faded into the soft pitter patter of the rain the Jujutsu Tech student stood in the centre of a parking lot. Before them a slim, dimly lit alleyway that held the ugly presence of a curse.

Without a doubt they knew it was the thing they were looking for.

With cautious steps the [c]nette proceeded into the lurking darkness of they alleyway. Keeping their guard up and having their cursed technique prepared for any attack they paced towards what they could only assume was their doom.

'Where the fuck is this thing? I don't like being jump-scared nuh uh'

As they were thinking about the possibilities of the beast's actions they most likely accidentally manifested it because they heard a grumble at the end of the long alleyway. This strange sound was followed by the noise of quick animalistic footsteps approaching them.

When suddenly the creature that they were assigned to eliminate appeared in front of them, claws out, ready to pierce.

"Oh nah not today bitch! Absolute reversion!"

The two fighters switched positions, leaving the lizard-like beast slightly confused. [Name] quickly brushed past the cursed spirit, applying their cursed energy to it.

'Fuck this is going to take too much energy. I need to weaken it.'

While the curse was still in a small daze the [c]nette took this as the perfect opportunity to pull out their dagger and make small incision in the beast. Applying cursed energy to their small knife they ran past it with their knife out, trying to cause a cut to appear on it and it worked, but not without them getting caught in the creature's tail.

The dry, coily tail made it difficult to squirm out of. The rough texture of it's skin contrasted to that of the teen's, causing small scratches to appear on their arms that had rolled up sleeves. They hissed at the tiny marks for some reason causing them more pain than bigger wounds that they had had before.

The cursed spirit brought the teen up to it's eye, observing them before pulling out it's claws getting ready to swipe a second time when..

"Absolute reversion!"

[Name] was free once again and continued the process of weakening the spirit by gradually applying more and more cursed energy to the blade that they used to slice the creature. The cursed spirit and the teen were in a game of a tag though the one who would get tagged in this case was closer and closer to death.

The first time [Name] got scratched it was way more painful than they thought it would be, making them slightly hinder their movements. That gave an opening for the curse to attack the student more.

The [c]nette quickly recovered from their small falter and was getting closer and closer to finishing the job by the second.

Alas when the cursed spirit seemed weaker than it was at the start [name] decided to take the risk and activate their cursed technique. Shouting the name of their technique they activated it. The curse started faintly glowing a purple-ish colour whilst slowly disintegrating.

The teen thought that they had done it, completely letting their guard down and slumping against the alley wall, something that they would regret.

Even though the beast was almost done for it used the remaining bits of it's energy and leaped towards the young sorcerer, successfully scratching them.

After that it was gone. Though the excruciating pain that it left wasn't.

They lay on the cold, wet floor of the alleyway, reaching for their phone and sending a voice mail to the first contact that was on their screen.

♡━━━♡━━━♡

Meanwhile, the other students of Jujutsu Tech were training their butts off for the upcoming exchange event. It did however feel like something was wrong. An uneasy feeling had been settling in the pit of Inumaki's stomach ever since a certain someone had left for their mission.

Maki and Panda certainly noticed this, but decided against saying anything to the boy who was constantly checking his phone, specifically [name]'s contact name appeared on his screen way too often even for his own liking.

When it got to the point of Toge not even properly focusing on the sparring sessions Maki intervened with his undeniable paranoia.

"Toge! Stop checking your phone and focus on the match! [Name]'s fine don't you believe in them?"

Toge was slightly taken aback by her outburst but quickly realized she was right. [Name] was strong and they could definitely handle themselves so why was he so worried?

Though before he could set his phone down there was a 'ping' indicating that he had gotten a message.

He unlocked his phone to see a message from non other than [name].

Though it wasn't a text message alerting him that they were alright and returning soon like he had hoped. Oh no no no it was a voice mail and that slightly worried the boy since his friend didn't usually send him that.

[𝗇𝖺𝗆𝖾]<3

0:46 ───|────── -2:03

↻ ◁ || ▷

ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

Though he couldn't have been more worried for someone in his entire life after listening to it.

The voice mail started with a raspy voice barely resembling that of the [c]nette's though he could still recognize it.

"..*cough* *cough* hey um you see I'm in trouble. Could you please call someone for me? I don't have the energy to.. to do that myself. It feels like I'm being drained of any life I have within me and it fucking sucks-" The sound of violent coughing could be heard interrupting the words of [name].

"..sorry 'bout that I think I got poisoned." The teen slightly chuckled, uplifting their own mood. They could be on the brink of death yet they're still laughing like it's nothing. This slightly infuriated Toge. How could you be so careless?

Toge paused the voice mail and instantly called Ijichi and Gojo, also alerting Ieri to get prepared because [name] was in danger.

The boy ran towards the front of the school almost dropping his phone as he made his way to the car that awaited him. As he sat in the back of the car that was currently speeding way over the limit Toge finished listening to the message.

"...just so you know if I die.. like actually die please tell everyone that I love them okay? Truth be told I don't know *cough* who I'm sending this to, but whoever you are please please tell Aito-kun that I love hi-"

He should've known that you didn't like him.

♡━━━♡━━━♡

9