how we met

A/N: if you are wondering why the Y/n is on vacation in California.  Y/n is from Hawaii, her friends and family are in Hawaii.  her life is there.  It is just easier from me on the time differences and I also wanted this story to be different from the others.

Summer of 2021

Y/n's pov

     At the mid-ending part of July I'm on vacation in California. 

     Right now, I'm in the Ontario mall with my bestfriend Lexie and her family (since they're taking me to the Angels games right after).  Lexie and I are shopping going from store to store and of course her parents and sister are close by.  We went into H&M and looked around a bit because my mom said I needed to buys clothes for school.  We didn't end up buying anything and got bored so we went to go look at shoes. We went into Journey's and I got a pair of the gray checkerboard vans (the one without laces).  Just as Lexie and I were walking out, I spotted a pretty good looking guy, I mean I don't know if he's like a mask-fisher or whatever but he's still good looking with it on.

"Holy shit, Lex that guy is hot" I said turning to Lexie.

"Where?" Lexie asked looking around.

"Right there" I said looking at him. "the one standing with the little boy" I said turning to her to see if she was looking in the right direction.

"Oh that one.?" she asked.

"Yes, that one" I responded.

"Bro, he is hot" she said agreeing with me.  "Nah, but what if he's a mask-fisher?" she asked.

And in that exact moment he took off his mask to take a sip of his drink. HOLY- he's definitely NOT a mask-fisher.

"I don't think so. do you?" I said looking away from him and towards Lexie, looking just as wowed.

     Just as Lexie was about to speak her dad came over to check up on us and tell us how much more time we have before we have to go to the game.  He told us we had about 45 minutes before we had to go and we say ok.  After that short conversation he walked away and we started going over to the little stand thing with pop-its and reversible octopuses.  We started looking and got a few pop-its, one for me, Lex, and her little sister, Alison. I also got a reversible octopus.  I payed and we started walking away from the stand thing, Lex and I were talking and laughing, and she ending up pushing me really hard and of course she didn't notice cause she's so much laughing, and I ending up bumping right into someone.

"omg. I'm so sorry" I said turning toward the person.  It was, him.  like the guy I saw walking out of Journey's, the one I called hot, yeah HIM.

"oh nah, it's good. are you okay?" he said.

     Holy sh- his voice is hot like I don't even know to explain it just sounds attractive like damn-

"oh yeah I'm okay."  I said.  "wait, why are you asking me if I'm okay? I bumped into you." I asked him

"I mean you st-" he started and Lexie came over to us.

"hey y/n/n we gotta go" Lexie said.

"oh ok." I told her and turned back to him.  "well it was nice talking to you and I'm sorry that I bumped into you." I said with a smile and started walking with Lexie.

"wait, what's your name?" He asked

"Y/n" I turned and saying my name with smile.

     As we were walking towards Lexie's parents and little sister, Lexie and I were talking about how she pushed my into him and not even a second after starting the conversation she almost ate shit.  It was literally the most funniest ever.  We were laughing so hard until I felt a tap on my shoulder.  I turned around and it was him.

"hey, I was wondering if I could get your number?" he asked nervously.

     I looked at Lexie for like a approval, or a like nod.  And she gave me a 'why are you looking at me?'  look. I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the nervous boy in front of me.

"yea, of course" I said with a smile.

He gave me his phone and I typed my name and number into his phone and gave it back to him.

"there you go" I said. "hey, I never got the chance to ask but what is your name?" I asked

"Jaden." he said with a happy expression

"Well Jaden, I gotta go but text me."  I said with a smile and turned around and continued walking with Lexie.

     We didn't even get a chance to talk about what just happened cause her parents were like right there and I didn't wanna talk about in front of them.  It's not like I don't like her parents, I love her parents they're like my second family, but they're also like my second parents meaning they will question me or tell me that I shouldn't have gave him my number because I don't even know him, or they'll tell me I shouldn't talk to someone I don't know.  obviously I won't listen to them because, of course I don't know him but I wanna get to know him and become friends and for that to happen, gotta talk to him.

-877 words-