Sirius Black: Genius

"So considering that all spells are derived from Latin, logically you can assume that there were top-notch wizarding academies right alongside philisophical ones back in Ancient Rome and when the Roman Empire grew, magic then spread to the United Kingdom. Lucretius actually—"

"Ugghh!" Sirius Black groaned as he tangled his fingers through his unruly curls, a defeated mask dropping over his eyes.

"Sirius, are you listening?" You sighed, exasperated. Prof. Binns had asked that you tutor Sirius on Ancient Magical History and your patience was just as dead as the ghostly professor himself.

"No."

The sun was pulling the cover of the earth over it's sleepy head, the last rays of light drifting out through the windows of the library. All the other students would be heading to dinner by now. You were determined to finish this last chapter, much to the chagrin of your student.

"You're insufferable. Look, you've got a few more paragraphs to write in your essay and I'm practically spoonfeeding you what to say. This would take less time if you'd just listen!"

Sirius glared at you with a baleful glimmer in his eye. "I'll make you regret this."

"Oh? What're you going to do about it?" You asked.

"I haven't quite figured that out yet, but you'll be the first to know."

"I shiver in anticipation," you said dryly. "Now, as I was saying: Lucretius was the first to—"

You were cut off by a long, exaggerated yawn. "Ludicrous can suck it. I'd much rather be your first," Sirius said, winking.

"Lucretius, you pervert."

"Oh, c'mon, love. You can't tell me you wouldn't rather be doing something else right now." The strength it took to resist that grin of his was enormous, but after a year of dating you had learned to hide the butterflies fluttering inside.

"I'd rather be digging into some sticky toffee pudding. Thanks to you, I am stuck here in the freezing cold library trying to teach the intellectual equivalent of a Nargle."

"Oi! Who are you calling a Nargle?" Sirius feebly put a hand to his chest in a dramatic sweeping gesture. "You wound me, darling."

"Prat," you muttered.

"What?"

"Nothing. Can we please finish this?"

Sirius groaned again, throwing his head back to display his perfectly scultped throat. As much as you believed everyone was beautiful, this man was simply celestial. It was torturous how stunning he was sometimes. How on earth did he pick me, you always wondered. Everything about him was perfect; you loved his eyes, his nose, his eyebrows, his hair, and oh, his lips...

"Can we take a break first? Just a small one?" Sirius asked, shattering the distorted lense of your daydream. A pout played upon his handsome face. If we keep sitting here we'll get nothing done anyway, you thought.

"Fine. Just a short one, though."

Later...

Old-Fashioned Lover Boy warbled on in the background on the enchanted record player in the Gryffindor boys dorm, essay long forgotten. Your laughter was impossible to contain as Sirius kept getting the lyrics completely wrong ("I could've sworn that's what he said!" "No, that's Killer Queen, you idiot.") You had painted both of your nails and you were sitting there blowing gently on the onyx colored polish. Sirius had messed his up earlier when he went to run his hands through your hair, an attempt at a kiss.

"I will only re-do them one more time, that's your own fault," you said. "Gel polish is expensive!"

"Love is priceless however and last time I checked, you loved me so you're now obligated to paint my nails as much as neccessary," Sirius remarked with a crooked smirk.

"I do love you, I must admit."

"Good, because I simply adore you." He brought his face closer to yours, glancing down at your lips but pausing in a tease. "See, aren't you glad I made us take a break?"

am i ignoring my responsibilities to write Sirius Black fanfiction? yes, absolutely. i have no regrets. well, i probably will tomorrow in class, but that's fine. seems like a tomorrow me problem.

don't be like me, please. well, actually, i can't stop you, but i wouldn't reccomend it.

love y'all,
jen xoxo