v. wrong studio

CHAPTER FIVE❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER FIVE
❀ ✿ one percent

ELOISE IGNORED ANTHONY the rest of the way to the auditions. She could feel his glances as he drove to where Nate supposedly was. She insisted on sitting in the backseat with Libby instead of the front seat which no one objected to.

They walked up the stairs towards the auditions. "As long as he's alive, everything will be okay." Heidi said.

"Yeah, so I can kill him." Anthony said, Eloise trailing behind the group not wanting to get too close to the boy.

"Over his agents dead body." Libby cut in.

"All right, nobody's murdering anyone!" Heidi screamed.

"You started it." Anthony mumbled.

God he's such a child.

Heidi rolled her eyes as she pointed a finger to the boy. "Be respectful. This is an audition place."

He shook his head keeping the door open for Eloise. He tried talking her but she ignored him and followed Heidi into the room. He shook his head, now he had too things to worry about. His brother and losing his best friend.

They made it to the front desk. "Lilo & Stitch. It was a cartoon." Heidi explained to the man. "Can you just please check the schedule again? There's no way he made this up."

Anthony rested his hands on his head, clearly frustrated. "A hundred percent kidnapped." Eloise wanted to reassure him that Nate would be okay but she couldn't bring herself to speak.

"Don't...stop saying that!" Heidi exclaimed.

"There's no Lilo and Stitch on the schedule today. Promise." Heidi tried looking over the counter at the computer but the man moved it away.

"You haven't seen anyone this morning who looks like me? Just like, a little shorter, kind of gawky?" Anthony asked the man.

"He's not gawky," Libby defended making Eloise smirk. She knew the girl had a crush on her best friend which reminded her of herself. "He is incredibly castable and very cuddly. No matter who he choses to love." At those last words Anthony looked over at Eloise who'd been looking at him. Their eyes locked for a second before Eloise broke contact. 

"Okay, okay." Heidi turned the computer towards herself causing the man to protest. "Ma'am? I'm ma'am to you?" The woman was clearly offended. "We could have gone to collage together."

As the blonde spoke, Libby received a text message from someone, presumably Nate. She quickly hid the phone behind her back in hopes of no one seeing.

They did.

"Hold on." Anthony grabbed the girls phone and read the message. "You knew the callback wasn't here, didn't you?"

Libby didn't say anything. Anthony shrugged and showed his aunt the phone.

Eloise on the other hand put an arm around the little girl giving her a tight squeeze. "What's this for?" The girl asked.

Eloise smiled, "Because I know what you're going through and it'll get better." Libby didn't need to ask as she already knew what she was referring to.

The teenagers didn't know but Libby and Heidi had heard the conversation that had erupted back at the apartment.

"He's at some place called the Amsterdam Theatre."

"New Amsterdam, Anthony, New. Words matter." Libby corrected.

Words matter. She was right and he hadn't said a word so maybe she didn't matter.

They reached the elevator, too tired to walk back down the stairs. "I feel like Elisabeth Shue in Adventures in Babysitting, when the kid she's watching gets stabbed in the foot." Heidi said, both Libby and Anthony didn't know what she was talking about. "I'm 100 years old."

Eloise smiled slightly, which was the first time since the confession. "I liked that movie." She spoke hoping to cheer the woman up.

"Heidi." An older woman came up to them.

"Oh my god! Don't look at me. I'm a mess."

"You disappeared yesterday." The elevator door dinged. "I hate when good people disappear." The kids got in. "A Solitary Woman is a mohair play, Heidi. It's been a wear to cast."

"I'm sorry." Heidi declined shaking her head. "Family emergency." She pointed towards the kids who waved at the woman.

"Look, I just got a last minute no-show and the director hasn't liked anybody this week. Can I slot you in?"

Libby cleared her throat. "Is this an out of town job or straight to Broadway?" Anthony rolled his eyes.

"Alright, that's a really good question, actually."

"Straight to Broadway, baby."

"You're doing this audition." Libby instructed before Heidi had any time to reply.

"Meet is at the Amsterdam Theatre!" Anthony called out.

Eloise rolled her eyes, has he really learned nothing?

"Anthony, it's not a famously liberal city in Europe." Libby sighed. "It's a Broadway theatre." The elevator doors closed Which left Eloise standing off to the side stuck in her thoughts as Libby and Anthony argued about the importance of the name.

All Eloise could think about was how much of an idiot she was and how much she needed a sandwich.

INEZ SPEAKS

Kinda a short chapter since we're almost done and I want to get to a certain amount of chapters. I can't wait for them to get together, which will be soon! :)

I should probably start writing the next few chapters so they can get published on time...

Also this is definitely my least favourite chapter so far.