vi. lilo and stitch

CHAPTER SIX❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER SIX
❀ ✿ one percent

THEY FINALLY MADE IT to the New Amsterdam Theatre. Upon seeing Nate on stage Eloise was beaming with excitement. The three sat down and watched as the young boy took his place.

Although she didn't want to Eloise was sat on Anthony's right and Libby on his left. She tried to avoid the feeling of his stare. She gulped nervously as he turned his attention back towards Nate.

"Okay, do you have any questions before you sing?" One of the woman casting directors asked.

"Just one." Nate said. She nodded for him to continue, "In the movie, Stitch can't really speak sentences, so, how does he sing lyrics in the musical?" Eloise could here a bunch of kids snickering which Nate must've heard as well because he looked at them with a sad expression.

"Because, you know, musicals allow us to say things we can't actually say in real life." The woman replied.

Anthony soaked in her words. As much as he hated musicals he wished his life was one so he'd be able to express his feelings to see best friend, and his brother. It seemed like everywhere he turned there was someone expecting him to be great, and sure maybe he liked it at the beginning but he grew tired of it. He wanted to express how much his brother meant to him and how he wasn't embarrassed by him. He wanted to express to his parents how he was sick of all the pressure. But, most of all, he wanted to express how much he loved his best friend who he wished was more than that. But his life wasn't a musical, it was just plain old boring life and if he wanted to say something he had to say it. And so he did...but not yet.

Nate took a deep breath as Aunt Heidi appeared beside Eloise. Anthony crossed his arms and leaned over the railing resting his head on his arms. Nate looked up at him and for a second he could see a glimpse of pain in his older brothers eyes.

The woman at the piano began to play.

Nate began to sing, "I'll admit I don't know much about this life." As he sang he looked nervous, he kept bringing the pages closer and closer towards him. "I spend a long time on the outside lookin' in, never feelin' accepted. Thinkin' that's just the way it was." He flipped the page. "But somethin' happened, somehow life brought you to me and I think that's when I realized I belong. My family's been here all along and boy, it's good to have a friend, so...maybe I don't always need to feel so small. Maybe this planet ain't so bad after all. From here on out," He sang off key which wasn't like Nate at all.

The woman cut him off, "Thanks, Nate. I think we're good." The spotlight turned off leaving Nate alone in the dark. Eloise could tell he felt small, and all she wanted to do was run up to him and hug him. She noticed Anthony feeling the same way.