vii. what are we

CHAPTER SEVEN❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER SEVEN
❀ ✿ one percent

IT HAD BEEN A FEW DAYS since New York, so far Eloise and Anthony had managed to keep their 'relationship' a secret. Why are there air quotes around relationship you may ask? Well, Anthony had never officially asked Eloise to be his girlfriend, she figured she could do it herself but this was her first real boyfriend and she wanted the full experience. Of course if he didn't ask soon she'd take matters into her own hands.

Eloise sat at the kitchen table, Olive at the head of the table and Riley in front of the young girl. The weekends were special for the Diaz-Montgomery family, as it was the only time they were all able to sit and eat together.

"Sherrie said Anthony has another track meet this weekend," Olive informed. "Are you going?"

Eloise thought about it. She'd hardly ever gone to his meets when they were just friends, and she'd heard that sometimes she when an athlete gets a partner, the partner becomes a jinx and she couldn't do that to Anthony.

Eloise shrugged, "I'm not sure, maybe if he asks." She took a spoonful of cereal. Olive nodded.

They continued eating breakfast as they talked.

Olive knew something was going on with Eloise, she'd confided in Riley about it but the blonde told her to leave it alone and that the young girl would tell Olive when she's ready. Olive knew her girlfriend was right but it was hard. She always thought her sister would tell her everything, she knew she'd been a little distant lately because of school, and she knew Eloise was growing up and maybe didn't feel the need to share everything with her big sister but it still hurt.

They cleared the dishes, Eloise bid her goodbyes and made her way to Anthony's.

Olive sighed loudly, washing the dishes in front of her. Riley made her way towards the older Latina, wrapping her arms around her waist and leaning her head on her shoulder. "I'm telling you, Riles, she hiding something."

Riley shrugged, "I'm not seeing it but if she is, like I said, she'll tell you. Ollie, you're her sister she's not going to shut you out." She smiled softly at the woman's worry. She never had siblings, and Riley's parents were very absent throughout her childhood, so she'd never had someone worry about her the way Olive does for Eloise.

"Thanks, Riles." She gave with blonde a soft kiss and continued to clean the dishes, leaving Riley to put them away.

❀ ✿ ✿ ❀

The young girl knocked on her boyfriend's (it was easier to say that then boy she's made out with a couple times and have gone on a date with but he still hasn't made it official...friend) bedroom door.