chapter one

"When i die, the world ends, at least, yours will"
.............................

The year was 1998, a 12 year old boy was sitting outside of Griddys Donuts, waiting for his mother to finally be done speaking with the lady behind the counter, she said she would only be five minutes, it had already been thirty three.

He sat on the curb, picking at the tar on the street, bored beyond his own comprehension. Deciding it had been long enough, he stood up to go get his mother but was tackled to the ground by a stranger "hey! Watch it!" The boy yelled at the stranger as he looked up and saw a slightly older looking boy atop of him "sorry! I have to go" the stranger yelled smiling. He stood up to start running again when the other grabbed ahold of him

"I didn't see you running down the sidewalk, where did you come from?" The twelve year old asked as he stared at the other boy, noticing his strange school uniform, not recognizing it from any school he's heard of.

"Let go of me. Why don't you mind your own business? I have things to do" the stranger said, wanting to leave "like what? Can i come? I'd have to ask my mother first but I'm sure she'd let me" the stranger looked at the boy, he was so used to his siblings only wanting to be around him because they had to be, he didn't know the feeling of people actually wanting to be around him.

He stared at the boy for a moment, feeling the warmth showing in his eyes, before replying "No." And ripping his arm from the others grip then running off around a corner and out of sight. The boy followed suit but was too late, when he rounded the corner, the other was gone as if he'd vanished into thin air.

"Well there goes the only interesting looking person in this town. I wonder what school he is in to have a uniform like that..." the boy spoke to himself as he walked back to the diner, hoping his mother had finished her season long conversation, only to find that she had intact, not finished.

He sat down on the curb where he had previously sat and started picking at the tar once more, not knowing how his story would begin after this one small encounter with Five Hargreeves

"(Y/n)!"