Foreword

Hi! Welcome to my book. Before you start, some disclaimers.

The Obvious Thing: this is a fanfiction

I don't own anything you recognize. Nothing but my OCs belong to me. Anything else belongs to Roshani Chokshi. I don't own any photos in this book and all pictures/art belong to their rightful owners. The cover was made with Canva and the picture in it was found on Pinterest, but I edited it a little. Oh, I also don't own any of the songs mentioned.

I am aware that Taylor Swift was involved with a bigot

Oh boy. Here we go.

This was written in April 2022-June 2023. A vast majority of that is before the Great Jaylor Breakup of 2023 (TM). I was a huge Swiftie when that happened. I still listen to her music, but not as often. (I also don't consider myself a Swiftie anymore, I am Someone-Who-Listens-To-Taylor's-Music-Sometimes)

All the chapters title and the title of this book are named after Taylor Swift songs because I'm so dam creative. There is a LOT of Taylor is this. A lot. Like, references everywhere. You could basically argue Taylor brought Aru and Aiden together.

This was written before the whole Matty Healy situation (look it up if you wanna know) and when that happened most of the chapters were already written and I didn't want to change any of that. So...yeah. Not supporting Taylor. Just didn't want to re-write the entire book.

Still all the Fearless, Red and I guess by the time this comes out Speak Now songs are TV because we don't stan men stealing women's music.

I wrote this, not you. Back off

I own the plot of this book. (Actually, the plot is just how my parents met but then making it ten times more dramatic, but that's not the point). Do not steal, repost, or take 'inspiration' from this fic. If you plan to do so (take inspiration, not steal/repost), please ask me permission. I'll most likely say yes!

If you plagiarize this fic, I will report you, call you out on it and block you.

Some of what follows is true

Yes, my parents met in college because my Masi made my dad go and pretend to be my mom's boyfriend. No, they did not fake date beyond that. No, my Dadi isn't a celebrity. No, my mom is not a pathological liar. I am dramatic.

Curse words exist, people

There is cursing in this fic (blame certain people on this site for influencing this decision *glares at Red, Ell & Luna*). If you don't feel comfortable with that, leave. You can curse in the comment section. Go all out, who am I to restrict what you have say about a certain scene?

I don't like leaving my house

I've never been to Seattle, Washington. The places mentioned are either created by me or something that I looked up online. Some things may be inaccurate. Keep that in mind.

I have friends! They are amazing! I sound like Lester Papadopoulos!

This is dedicated to Ell. I met them about a year and a half ago (dam) and she is one of my closest friends on Wattpad. Also, one of the two people who listened to me when I recommended TPQ to them, so slay. Anyways, Ell you are amazing!

You should also go read No One Mourns The Aftermath my her it's really good.

Other people that I want to thank

My twin cousin (cousin, born a week after me) for reading Aiden's chapters and telling me to change stuff because "boys don't think that much."

Red for being my #1 supporter in writing. If no one else is reading this, she is. Also, thank you for letting me model these warnings after the one in your book. (By the way, if you like PJO/HOO you should read her books! Her writing is spectacular!)

Random frat boy who stood up my mom in college. Technically you are the reason my parents are married and the core inspiration for this book. Shout out to you.

Finally, you, for clicking this story. It means a lot to me!

Progress tracking for me

This fic was started on September 16th, 2023. (Happy birthday to me)

Enjoy!

-Alice