Chapter 3: Friends

Ivy POV

Ivy slowly opened her eyes to the sight of Bay watching her intently while she lied in bed. Is this the hospital wing? What happened? Ivy got up holding her head, she was feeling a bit dizzy. "Are you ok? Anything wrong?" Bay was worriedly asking. "I...I'm fine. What happened? Why are you here? Doesn't class start soon?" Ivy asked. "Oh... uhh," Bay stuttered, "y-your eyes were all w-white and you said s-something that sounded like a p-prophecy last night. So I came down here early in the morning to... uhhh... check on you." Bay was lightly blushing. "You know, you look kinda cute when you blush like that," Ivy said smiling. Now Bay's whole face was red. Ivy laughed. Bay smiled. "And you guys should know that you two look really cute together," Everest said, peeking from the doorway. Now Ivy and Bay were both looking at Everest, faces completely red. Bay started, "N-no, I- w-we're not-" All Ivy could do was look at Bay and Everest, amused. "Come on, class is starting soon, we have Core Class first," Everest interrupted with a smirk. "Can you get up?" Bay asked Ivy. "Y-Yeah, I'm fine," Ivy said, successfully lifting herself up and walking to the doorway. Bay paused for a second, smiled, and followed her. The three of them headed to the Core Classroom to greet the rest of their friends.

"Hello Marble Winglet! Welcome to JMA! I'm Clay, I teach Core Class, Hunting, and Healing. Right now, you guys have Core Class," said Clay in his cheery voice, "Please say your name, your tribe or tribes, and one other thing we should know about you. If you don't want to share an extra thing, it's ok, you don't have to. Let's begin with you," he pointed to Everest. "Hi guys! I'm Everest, an Icewing. I'm very interested in scavengers and look forward to being friends with all of you." Everest said with an enthusiastic smile. Now, Clay pointed at the unknown dragon, who was now a boy. "The name's Phoenix. I'm an angelwing and devilwing hybrid and a genderfluid." Phoenix said with a voice sounding like she didn't want to be here. Clay pointed at the mudwing next. "I'm Copper, I'm a Mudwing and I like digging." Clay pointed at the skywing. "I'm Cliff! I'm a Skywing and loooooooove flying!!!" Clay pointed at Bay, then Scorpion, then Ivy. "I'm Bay, a seawing. I like searching the ocean floor for sea shells." "Do I have to go?" Scorpion asked with a grumpy face. Clay nodded. "I'm Scorpion. I'm a Sandwing. I like being ALONE." she snarled. "I-I'm Ivy. I'm a rainwing, leafwing, and seawing tribrid. Umm... I like flowers." Ivy said absent-mindedly. Why did I say that? Oh well, what's said has been said. Can't change that.

"Now, we will be starting a partner project for you guys to learn about different tribes," said Clay, "Phoenix with Ivy. Bay with Everest. Cliff with Copper. Scorpion, join whichever group you would like to join." "May I join none?" Scorpion asked with a dull expression. "No, you have to join one for the sake of this project. You may get started, everyone." Clay replied. "Hello," Phoenix said. "Umm... hi," Ivy answered. "Looks like we have a lot to learn," Phoenix observed. "Yeah, I guess we do," Ivy replied. What if I make her mad? What will happen then? I should be really careful. "Look, I know your nervous but, can we be friends?" Phoenix asked. Ivy just stared back in shock. After a few seconds, Ivy said "Ok." with a smile. "Good, because I wanted someone to know, I'm also an animus." "Wait, really?" "Yup." Should I tell her? I haven't told anyone else. But if I tell her, I would be breaking Bay's trust. I don't want him to think I hid it from him purposely. I'll tell him first, then I'll tell someone else, like Phoenix. "Cool." Ivy said, beginning to work on their project. Phoenix started too. then the bell rang. "Ok students, go to your next class, see you in healing and hunting tomorrow!" Clay dismissed us. Phoenix and Ivy looked up. Then they smiled at each other. Ivy knew that their friendship would go a long way just from the happy look in Phoenix's eyes. And just then, Sunny ran into the classroom saying "Ivy, you're needed at the Great Hall." So Ivy followed her to the sight of a bleeding nightwing laying on the floor.