Growing Pains

"What!?" Sean shouts, jumping out of bed. He looks around the floor for the pants he was wearing last night. "You're not going to let her, are you?" He shoots an icy glare at Bo.

"Baby, it's not like I didn't try to talk her out of it. Mikey and I both. Sean, baby where are you..." Bo chases after him. Sean is hopping into a pair of jeans as he heads for the door. "Baby!" Bo grabs him and spins him around, only to see the tears streaming down his face. "Oh baby, it's going to be okay. She and Mikey are waiting in the den. Maybe you can talk her out of it." Although he's pretty sure the girl has set her mind to it, he hopes Sean can except it. "Come on baby, let's go talk to her together.

"Bo, I know she's not a coward, but she's not a warrior either. How can we let her..." Sean nearly collapses into Bo's arms sobbing.

"Baby, please, don't cry like this. Come on." Bo picks him up and carries him downstairs, Sean sobbing and clinging to him. He hopes seeing how frantically worried Sean is, will change Angel's mind.

They enter the den and Angel jumps up from Mikey's lap, seeing Bo carrying a weeping Sean in. She flinches at the glare Bo doesn't realize he's giving her. He sits down with Sean in his lap, but Sean bolts up, covering his mouth and heading for the door.

"Damnit!" Bo runs after him, worried.

'I, I didn't think... I mean, I know he cares about me. Mikey, what should I do?' Angel begins to softly weep. She's still not accustomed to being thought of as an important family member. Seeing Sean, her savior, crying himself sick breaks her heart.

"Baby girl, I can't say I'm behind this idea one hundred percent, but I'll support your decision. I understand why you want to do it, even if I don't agree." Mikey pulls her close and glances up, as Bo carries Sean back in. "You need to explain it to Luna, your reasoning. I think it'll help calm you both down."

Bo sits down on the sofa once more cuddling Sean close, as if he can protect him from what Angel is about to say.

"Stop it honey." Sean's voice is weak and hoarse. "Stop glaring at our family like they've stabbed me." He sighs and looks at Angel. "It's not that I don't understand. It's not that I want you to cower away from him. I just... I want to keep you safe. What about your baby, what if something happens?"

'Sean, Luna... I'm not going to lie and say I've wanted this child from the beginning. If something does... happen to it...' She rubs her tummy fondly, then smiles at Mikey. 'Then I'll have my mates baby instead. I won't hide anymore and I'm done running. Mikey will be right with me and Bo will be patrolling nearby.' She sighs, sitting on the coffee table beside the sofa. She takes one of Sean's hands into both of hers. 'I don't want to be his victim for the rest of my life. With my mate and my pack's Alpha with me, I'm stronger than he thinks I am. I'm stronger, because you all believe in me. You showed me I could be more than a victim.' Angel's tears bounce off her and Sean's clasped hands and Sean pulls her close, patting her back as they both cry.

"Alright sweet Angel, alright. No one understands that more than I do." Sean looks to Bo, fear evident in his eyes. "I want the three of you to keep me linked in during this, hunting trip you're planning. The sooner the better, get it over with and get that maniac away from my family."

"Alright Luna, I promise. Once the children are off to school, we'll put Angel's plan into action." Mikey says, shaking his head. These two abused mates, have become so much stronger than their previous abusers realize.

'I promise too. I'll be careful, it's not as if I want to fight him head on.' Angel says trembling slightly at the thought.

"Baby, I want you to stay with Kelli while we... go hunting as you put it." Bo says, rubbing his back and pulling him closer. Angel stands and slides into Mikey's arms, watching how pale and fragile Sean suddenly seems.