02.

It has been a few weeks since Laura arrived in Mystic Falls and things were going well, so far... With holes she was trying to understand.

She had already started her work on the Mystic Falls High School as a teacher support, giving explanations to some students and sometimes replacing teachers. It was all cool. Of course sometimes she would have a student trying to flirt with her, but she could always manage that and put people on their places.

Elena had offer her a bracelet she was wearing every day, she was satisfied by the welcome gift. Laura had already see Stefan, althought they never speak to each other since Elena and him were in a time out, but the boy seemed really cool and she hoped they ended up happy and well.

She was on her way to the school, speaking on the phone with her mother bringing her the news about being a teacher in Oxford.

-

That night, Jenna spent some time with her friend and brought her to her home since Laura brought some clothes from New York she wasn't using to give her.

Laura thought something was off with everyone since Caroline, one of Elena's best friend avoids her, Bonnie was looking strange and both Elena and Alaric seemed to be keeping secrets, always talking in whisper.

"It's mine." Jenna says answering the phone and Laura notices her expression become blankly. "Of course, I understand. Elena, it's for you." Elena takes the phone and Laura looks at her friend who looked weird.

"You okay?" Jenna only nods, taking a knife and without Laura expecting her friend stabbed herself making her stand up quickly and running towards her as Elena and Alaric. "Oh my God... What happened?"

"We need to take her to a hospital, right now." Elena says while Alaric holds Jenna in one side and Laura on the other. "It was Katherine." Elena says looking at the man and helps them.

What did her boyfriend ex wanted to do with her friend trying to kill herself? She ignores the thoughts and helps putting Jenna in the car.

"Laura, thank you, you should go home..." Alaric says and Laura narrows her eyebrows at him.

"No, I'm going to the hospital." She says determinated and entered the car trying to stop the blood from Jenna. Alaric and Elena exchanged a look of concern.

As they drive to the hospital, Elena couldn't stop looking at Laura who still looks at her aunt in schock. She looks up to the girl throw the mirror.

"You have a lot to explain, you aware of that right? Why would Jenna do this to herself? And why your boyfriend's ex was even brought up to this?"

"Laura I..."

"You'll explain later, Elena." The brunette says looking cold at the girl. Something was really wrong.

-

"She was lucky!" The doctor says and Laura sighs. Elena signs to go to Jeremy and leaves, leaving Alaric and Laura alone going to the cafeteria.

"Alaric.. Can you explain to me? If there's any reasonable explanation?" Alaric frowns at the question. He wasn't suppose to be the one telling her the truth.

"I know you're worried about Jenna, but I'm not the one who should tell you what happened... Laura, I'm sorry..." The brunette raises her hand signing him to stop apologizing and smiles.

"I have to know what's happening. This keeping secrets it's messing with my head. Elena and her boyfriend are hiding from his ex... And now this? What's wrong and who the hell is Katherine?" Alaric saw himself completely stucked on the situation.

"If I tell you... Would you promise you won't say a word to anyone? I mean, all of them trusts you with their eyes closed..." He says refering to the Gilbert family.

"I promise."

"And you promise you remain calm and... Please, don't make a scene?" Laura tilts her head smirking and nods at him.

"Yes. Just say it."

"Do you believe in vampires?" Laura furrows her eyebrows at the question and shakes her head showing confusion.

"No..." She says slowly looking at Alaric like he was an alien "You don't have to tell me in metaphor, you know? Just tell..."

"Katherine is a vampire." Alaric said the words in one time and the brunette stood looking at him raising her eyebrows and trying to figure it out if he was being serious. "And Stefan as well. And his brother Damon. And Caroline"

The girl remembers Elena mentioning Damon one time. The girl stoods quiet and takes a sip of her coffee tasting the awful taste of the coffee of hospital she always hated. "Let's say you're not delusional. What that has to do with my friend stabbing herself?"

Alaric sighs, trying to find the right words to explain. "Listen, do you have time?",

"Yeah" She nods at him still confused. Was he being serious? "You realize you look completely insane and the first thing I'm telling Jenna when she came back it's to left you 'cause your disturbed in some way." She drop the words and Alaric thought it was funny, even in the situation.

"I know this sounds crazy... I felt the same when I found out. But... It's true.",

"So... Can you explain?",

-

A ring on the door followed by some knocks made Elena jump in scare. The girl cleans her eyes, trying to hide the redeness and opens the door, seeing Laura with a stern look towards her.

"Laura... I'm sorry but I...",

"Alaric told me everything, Elena.", The doppelganger frowned in schock. For a moment, she felt some relief. She hated to be hiding this from someone she knows for so long. "I'm not here to judge you", the brunette didn't end up the sentence because was wrapped on a hug of a crying girl. "It's okay...", She tries to confort the girl.

"I need to get Jenna in the hospital..."

"Don't worry" the brunette shakes her head at her smiling "Ric and Jeremy are taking care of it. You should get some rest..."

"Yes... Thank you Laura"

"Just... Don't try to protect me, okay? I can handle myself. Right now all I'm concerned is you and Jenna." Elena smiles cleaning her tears.

"There's a reason why my mother always loved you." Laura smiles at the girl.

"You want me to stay here with you?"

"No, it's okay. I'll be fine... I'm just waiting on Jenna to arrive."

"Take your time..." She caress the girl face who closes her eyes. "I'll be one call away. Just be calm and relax. Tomorrow is a new day."