Eleven

A/N: This chapter mentions content that may not be safe to read during Ramadan. There is no smut ahead, however, as a caution to what the chapter alludes to, I prefer to add this here as I am not sure what's acceptable or not acceptable to read during Ramadan. 

*****

While Taehyung was seated across from Jin, watching him eat, Jin had persuaded them to have lunch, and while he had wished for Jin rather than the meal in front of them, Jin had forced them to come. He tried all he could to relax by thinking about Jungkook's comments.

The very last thing he wanted to do was drive Jin away from him. He needed Jin to realize that he was a patient guy rather than someone who simply wanted him in his bed. The fact that Jin had revealed the truth about his husband to him had just made things more difficult for him, and he was unsure how much longer he would be able to withstand the pressure.

Their kiss had simply left him wanting more; it had sparked an insatiable thirst within him that might not be quenched anytime soon.

When Jin let go of his fork to take a sip of his beverage, Taehyung moved forward and took Jin's fork into his fingers, scooping up a mouthful of food. He encouraged Jin to take a bite of the food by bringing it to his lips.

Jin smiled as he opened his mouth to take in the food, his gaze fixed on Taehyung.

As Taehyung's actions were highly intentional, Jin felt certain that nothing could be done to prevent him from carrying out his objective. He had worked with Taehyung for a long enough time to be familiar with him.

"What if I cancel all our meetings and ask you to spend the rest of the week with me?"

Jin shook his head, "you can't do that."

"Why not? I want to spend time getting to know you."

"You want to have sex with me."

"I do, I really do. However, I also want to give you time to get to know me so you can see why I would make a great partner for you. I believe that's what I should say. I already know you are the perfect partner for me."

Jin swallowed, and he looked down at his food, "how can you say I am perfect for you?"

"Why else would I say it if it wasn't true? You are everything I have ever desired in a partner. I never cared much about being committed to anyone until I met you."

"Taehyung, I am not as great as you believe me to be-"

"Stop. What I see in you is exactly what I see in you. A remarkable individual who takes great pride in whatever he does. Intelligent and careful, always manages to keep me balanced. I would have been lost if you hadn't been at my side these last few years."

Jin was at a loss for words when Taehyung complimented him, and he couldn't argue with him about what he thought. It was a pleasant surprise to hear someone compliment him in the manner Taehyung did.

"In my opinion, you should keep the meetings scheduled; canceling them would be disrespectful to everyone who has scheduled time to meet with you. Because these meetings will conclude on Thursday, and we will be here until Saturday, I believe we will be able to make the most of our time together then."

"See, this is what I mean when I say that you are helping keep me balanced," Taehyung said with a grin. "What would I do if you weren't here?"

Jin smiled but didn't say anything as he returned to finish his meal. While Taehyung sat there observing him.

****

Although Jin could feel Taehyung's gaze boring through him as they rode in the elevator to their room, Jin steadfastly refused to turn to face him and look at him. He was relieved that there were other people in the elevator with them.