Six

The Christmas Tree lot is packed, filled with families of all ages and little kids, running around like this is their personal playground. Mariah Carrey Christmas music plays on nearby speakers, barely heard over the chatter of parents trying to corral their children. The air smells strongly of pine, a scent that immediately makes it feel like Christmas.  "So, you're an actor?" Skye has been questioning Wyatt since we left our place. He simply nods in response, "then why haven't I seen you in anything?"

    "You probably wouldn't like my movies." Wyatt shrugs, pulling down on the cap of his hat slightly. He is also wearing sunglasses and a hoodie, trying his best to conceal his identity. He looks ridiculous, wearing all of that on a day as cloudy as today.

    Skye nods in understanding, "are they for big kids? Like Harper and Marley?" She asks, looking over her shoulder at us. I guess, in a way, I was grateful she'd chosen to walk next to Wyatt, leaving Harper and I to walk side by side. It was much less awkward this way.

    "Sort of," Wyatt chuckles. For the first time since he's arrived, he doesn't seem uncomfortable or stiff. Being around Skye had that effect on people. She makes everyone feel comfortable.

    "Do you live in a mansion?" She asks him, moving on to her next question; she's barely paid any attention to the trees we were walking past, too focused on figuring out everything about Wyatt.

    Once again, Wyatt laughs, shaking his head, "My house is definitely too big for just my mom and I, but no, I don't." I roll my eyes, imagining what his house looked like. It's hard to imagine the Wyatt I grew up with owning a home. He'd always been so messy. Of course, he probably had someone to keep his place clean for him now. Skye hums in response, nodding her head, "anything else you want to know?"

    "That's all for now," She shrugs, looking back at Harper and I, "I like those tree's over there," She points to the tree's a few feet away, grabbing Wyatt's hand to guide him over.

        "I hate this," Harper grumbles, quiet enough so only I can hear her, "why is she so obsessed with him?"

    I shrug, shaking my head. I've been trying to figure out the same thing, but all I could come up with was that it was because she didn't know him. If Skye had been around when Wyatt left us, she'd dislike him just as much as Harper and I, "beats me."

    "I don't want him to hurt her," Harper admits, running her fingers through her hair, "how are we supposed to know if after this he's just gonna go back to his life in LA and start ignoring us again?"

    "I know," I nod in agreement, watching Wyatt and Skye, who were examining trees together. I'm fully prepared for Wyatt and Nikki to leave and forget about us again; Skye is going to be crushed. "We just have to make sure she doesn't get too attached, that's all."

    "Sounds easier said than done," Harper chuckles, the two of us finally meeting up to where Wyatt and Skye are. She's humming to herself in thought, studying the trees. "Find anything good?"

    "I think we should get..." Skye drags off, pointing her finger towards one near Wyatt. It's plump and tall, probably almost reaching the same height as the ceiling in our house, "this one."

    "Okay," I nod, smiling at her, "Harper, why don't you go find an employee to help us?"

     Harper mock saluted me before walking off, her hands shoved in the pockets of her emerald green coat, "Ooo," Skye cheers, pointing over at something behind my shoulder. Not too far away, there's a stand where an employee of the farm is handing out complimentary hot chocolate and cider, "can I go get one, Marley? Please."

    I expect her to drag Wyatt along with her after I nod. However, she doesn't, instead Skye sprints over, still in seeing distance from Wyatt and me, "she's really sweet," Wyatt says, nodding his head towards Skye, "She's a lot like you were when you were her age, maybe just a little bit more talkative though." I stay silent, keeping my eyes on Skye instead of responding to him, "you were always so quiet, do you remember-"