OPERATION S T R I X

The Earth wakes up as the beaming sun is at its height. Its light so warm, encapsulating, and bright rushes down to a whole new adventure. The greenery which stretches at the background exemplifies the city in its front.

The buzzing, lulls, and the orchestra of nature away from the busy street is muffled, as the honking, reverberating sound of vehicles, and the clatter of people was what could be heard.

Yet amongst this peaceful front, the sudden swivel and screeching sound of tires flooded the skyway, attracting attention.

All but it was, like the birds who flew through the sky, so as the raven colored vehicle way high up. Yet instead of it soaring high and mighty above, it however, plummeted at a depressing speed below.

Tragedy it was. The ear piercing explosion transpired as the black, red and orange colored fire encapsulate the entirety of the car. It crumpled in an unimaginable shape and form, taking with it the people who might be inside.

And that's how it goes in this era we do say. That among the peaceful front we see, the darkness and bounds made by greediness itself was what painted its inside. The world is a mess with a peaceful facade. Information is vital that it could kill, or it is what it truly is for.

" Our diplomat died in an accident in Ostania." a man started.

" But we believe this was an assassination by the East's right-wing party extremist. They are planning a war against Westalis."

" We must prevent that from happening at all cost." he finished, all to be answered by another.

" Let's leave it to him. The most skilled of our agents... "

" Twilight. "

" She should be there as well. " one chimed though it sounded more as a statement rather than a question.

The table sounded a few affirmation, though some disagreed. All of them are heightened by the room's light as it signaled the importance of the subject at hand.

Information has been of vital importance as it could bring even a strong nation unto destruction. It holds the string to the power they say. That in this aspect, the world, more so, nations produced people who works behind the scene.

The heroes beyond the light. The shadow perhaps that fought for the people and peace as one.

They're spies.

The greatest manufactured, if it could be called, weapons of the modern day. They held great imprtance and is a vital factor for a whole operation. As incredulous as it could be, they are a ticking time bomb you could say.

And amongst the many of them, he stood aslt the peak of competition, Twilight.

An exemplary man who had forsaken the past him. He lived in the light of many faces. Acting a life that never his. Living a life of different names, even taking advantage of the resources he believed are, though they're people.

That's how he is and will ever be. For the past is a nighmare he so wish would never incarnate as a devil who'll hunt him everyday.

Besides, with a king at the peak, a queen there is.

'The devil with a heart', is what they call her. For with the calm and strong facade she bore, the vulnerability and humane emotions locked deep within a chasm created by time and experience, had taken slumber in her core.

And she is that, Dawn.

A feared assassin and spy of the country Westalis. She rarely makes appearances for the shadow she wandered became a home she had inhabit.

She stayed unknown, yet those who knew feared the skill and intelligence she bear.

For as Twilight became the end of things, Dawn transpire for a start of a new beginning.

" How the hell am I supposed to have a child in a week?!" came an outrage exclaimation after the scrunching sound of paper being teared.

It was a silly thing to see.

A wondrous man seated at the far rear of a train cabin. The coffee spilled unevenly from the shocked of the mission he had read.

His pale golden locks shadowed his orbs as the dubiously irrational request rolled dangerously in his head.

Onlookers orbs fixated on him and his sudden ouburst causing embarrassment to flood freely.

However, the mission was not really irrational. He just needed a child and a wife, perhaps, to fulfill the request made.

His mission, Donovan Desmond, Chairman of the National Unity Party. A dangerous threat to the peace between the East and West. Twilight needed to get close to him and unviel what he is up to. And to do all of that, he needed a bright child to enter the school where his, Desmond's child, goes to.

And here he goes, in a sketchy, deprive of care orphanage, walking in a hallway with innocent orbs gazing up his moving figure.

After he fixed an identity of a psychiatrist with a loving family and a happy home, Twilight, more so, Loid Forger, he bought a family sized apartment along the highways for the act he so prepared.

Completing his play, a child is needed. And there he found a rather peculiar girl he'll soon take as a daughter.

" I need a child who can read and write, if that's okay with you..." Loid stated as he followed the drunken form of the man in charge of the unwell orphanage.

However, it was what he needed most. A sketchy orphanage where he takes (adopt) a child for the play in the roll. It was much more convenient for him if ask in a way. The shadier the place, the facile it is to falsify the information of the child, as even their identities are vague.

" Well, in that case..." the man replied.

" Hey, Anya..." he called.

A strawberry haired child with fascinating emerald orbs. She gaze upon Loid who had certainly questioned her age.

" Six." she said.

" Hm?"

" Six."

" So youre six..." the man beside Loid trailed.

' But her height...'

As read, Anya tiptoed to appear taller than what her usual height is. The act confuse Loid as it was sudden. Along with it, Anya paced towards a small desk convenient for a child to write unto.

She grabbed a newpaper, Loid gazing right to the crossword puzzle at the front. Abruptly she scribble, more like, solved the puzzle even with its complexity.

Loid, however, underestimated Anya's capability thus causing his mouth to turn agape as Anya showed exceptional intelligence like that of what he need.

" I'll take her." Loid without pause stated as he strech his hand towards Anya while glancing at the drunken man's form.

Hence, with that, Anya has became an official daughter of Twilight, Loid Forger.

However, the child herself is exceptional not only in intelligence but in matters one would think as impossible. For she can hear one, even without words rolling out of one's tongue. She's Anya Forger... a  telepath.

But will Loid know that? Or even, will he find the perfect wife for the play he acted?