OPERATION S T R I X 🌻

How will you live in a life so beautiful yet is an act?

As much as we want it to be, life, living is cruel and beautiful. Even with the small portion of kindness to others, the world, more so its people, had drown into the pits of greediness, cruelty, apathy, evilness. The world broke, not literally, but in a point where some are push to the limits beyond imagination.

People are cruel... yet kind.

It is just that the society we live in has been encapsulated by the darkness that flaunt its cruelty, binds us with its greediness, even muddled the right we fought.

That is why, he was there, here, acting to the right he thought it was. He inhabit the shadows as the light became a reality he had once forsaken. That even with the dawn of everything, he was the one who finshes it with his twilight.

However, life often is the mime that entertain the ones it gave its life unto. Creating a new fiction, disrupting the plan we had formed.

" Oh! What a cute girl you are. Hello!"A  woman in her sixties or so greeted the now father and daughter.

" I'm your new neighbor, Forger. " Loid replied as he bowed slightly.

" I'm Anya. I've been father's daughter for a long time. " chimed Anya as she face the woman.

Truly, it was funny. Loid had instructed that she tell people that he is her father and that she has been his daughter for a long time. And that indeed she said.

Even knowing this, it surprised Loid how it did not match that the child, out of all things, took interest in the matters of spying. It was pretty peculiar.

Albeit, Loid, thinking that the child, Anya, would need the ' necessities' he says, took a leave. Yet, Anya sensing, or hearing, his thoughts thought that an adventure awaits for the two of them.

"Adventure!" She exclaimed as she run towards Loid, who was ready to turn the doors handle.

She grip at her father's legs as Loid painstakingly waved his leg to rid of his clinging daughter.

" I'm just going for groceries."

However, with Anya being persistent and with her stubborn self, Loid found a point to relent.

That is how they came into this situation.

Anya's wailing could be heard as pairs of orbs glance at the direction of the father and daughter duo. The point of Loid thinking of exchanging the poor dear child for someone else was heard hence, bringing them in a situation of embarrassment.

" Don't leave me!"

" I was just bargaining." Anya stated as her enchanting emerald orbs were clouded with the waters so rapidly falling from them.

" I'll buy you some peanuts, so stop crying!" Loid replied as his once calm facade easily broke out of frantic embarrassment.

And like a bulb that came to light, Anya changed mood.

" Peanuts!" she exclaimed with a newfound determination.

Hence, Loid bought what was said, along with a few  necessities they need at the home he bought for the family he need.

' This isn't working... I just don't understand.'

' This irrational behaviour.... I could  use a manual tp decipher it. " Loid thought.

Thus, he came home bringing a lot of books to further comprehend the child he so adopt.

However, it was not what he truly needed nor wanted in resolution of the mission he was given. He understood what was it that was written, nevertheless, he could not bring himself to replicate the word that was written.