viii. broadway baby

CHAPTER EIGHT❀ ✿ one percent ✿ ❀

CHAPTER EIGHT
❀ ✿ one percent

ELOISE DIAZ RECEIVED AN urgent call from Nate Foster, who gave her clear instructions. After school don't wait for Anthony as he's already home, skate to the Foster's (Anthony had left that in her locker), and try to get their as soon as possible. That was it before he hung up.

And, so, Eloise did just as Nate told her, though she did stop to admire the duck pond for a moment before quickly snapping out of her daze.

The second she stepped onto the front porch the door swung open, revealing a frantic Nate Foster. "What took you so long?" He asked not giving her enough time to respond he pulled her into the house. "Never mind, just get in here." He dragged her all the way to his bedroom, not giving her a second to acknowledge the presents of the adults who stood in the kitchen, coffee in hand and smiles that reached their ears.

Closing the door, Nate motioned for Eloise to sit next to Anthony, who gave her a quick kiss hello and who was also grinning. "Why is everyone so smiley? And why am I here? Lots of unanswered questions."

"Because -drum roll please-" Nate pointed towards Anthony, who began slapping his leg. "You are looking at the one, the only, Stitch understudy on broadway!" Nate exclaimed waving his hands in the air.

Eloise screamed.

Actually, it was more like a squeal, very high pitch, annoying and loud.

"This is so exciting!" She exclaimed as she jumped up and join, Anthony grinned at his girlfriend's antics. "When do you start?"

Finally settling down she sat herself back on the bed, Anthony slide an arm around her waist. "In a few weeks," he paused. "And I'll be staying with Aunt Heidi, so no one's moving."

Eloise let out a sigh of relief. She was really happy for Nate but she didn't want her boyfriend to move 7 hours away, especially considering they just became official a few days prior.

The rest of the night was spent celebrating with the Fosters and Diaz-Montgomery families.

❀ ✿ ✿ ❀

After many months of going back and forth between New York and Philadelphia, it was finally the day.

Opening Night.

Shery, Rez, Olive, Riley, Libby, Anthony and Eloise packed their bags and headed to New York, or Broadway to be exact. Despite most of them not enjoying musicals they would never pass up the opportunity to finally see Nate Foster as Stitch. This star had gotten sick which meant it was Nate's time to shine.

The building was amazing, bustling people looking for their seats and buying snack and drinks. The group made their way to the balcony (or mezzanine as Libby said) seats.

Eloise was buzzing with excitement, and it only became stronger and stronger as the show went on. Nate Foster was truly meant to be on Broadway. As the curtains came to a close, Anthony couldn't help but scream "That's my brother!" Causing the rest of them to cheer louder.

And that was it, well, sort of.

Eloise and Anthony spent the rest of their New York vacation together in Times Square for multiple dates. It was the most fun either of them had ever had and they were so glad to be able to spend that time together, as a couple.

When they arrived home Marley and Eloise decided to hang out, the whole day was pretty much Marley telling the Latina 'I told you so' and Eloise rolling her eyes. But it was true, if it weren't for Marley and that one percent, she may not have been there right now.

Maybe, one percent really did make all the difference.

INEZ SPEAKS

This is the last chapter of One Percent!!! I had a few more in mind but I just incorporated it into this one.

Edit: this has been done for a while but I just realized I never actually published it.