xi. the slap of reality

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗩𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

QUEEN TABITHA.

Jareth was right: although small, pixies are very dangerous.

All Kate could do was glare at the small woman as she was gagged with cloth and tied up along with Jareth and Tewkesbury. She felt like a complete failure, a laughingstock. Kate was reminded once again of how useless she was three years ago, how she kept herself hidden and scared.

"This bag only proves that they have attempted to steal our pixie dust," A fairy from their council spoke up. Queen Tabitha adjusted from her throne, tilting her head as she slowly tapped its golden armrest with her fingertips. The Queen had a stern look in her face as she scoffed lightly, "Jareth, Jareth, Jareth, did you really think you could bring friends to help you steal our most sacred dust?"

Jareth answered, although no one really understood what he said since he too, was gagged. The Queen laughed, smirking in delight to see him helpless, "You know how kind I am, elf boy. But once someone has crossed the line, I assume you also know how I love revenge."

Kate had come to the conclusion that she hated the pixie's Queen.

"You know what to do," Tabitha whispered to the guard by her right. Tewkesbury's eyes widened as he groaned repeatedly and started to squirm uncontrollably, trying to break free. Even Jareth paled when the guards flew towards the Princess.

Kate tried to remain calm, but on the inside, she felt as if her heart had stopped beating in fear. Is this it? Will she arrive at Aslan's Country without saying any proper goodbye to her friends? To Caspian? One guard pulled the cloth out of her mouth, which she was a little thankful for.

"I am the Princess of Narnia, Katherine Gornelle, and it is my command that you let us go."

It was silent at first then laughs erupted everywhere. Kate turned red from both embarrassment and anger, they were actually making fun of her. "Oh dear, did you really think we'd believe that? You? A princess? Bless me, you look like a boy with those pants!" Tabitha mocked her, "Besides, everyone knows how much of a brat Princess Katherine is, so even if you are her, we'd still display your head."

A brat.

Everyone thinks of her as a brat.

Kate wanted to ignore the prickling in her heart, but it was too painful. It felt like someone had slapped her in the face. Hard. Finally, she was able to realize how much of a brat she had acted back at the castle. How she acted to every guest that arrived, how she treated Caspian lowly, how she only focused on herself and ignored the pain everyone felt around her.