xiv. she was the brightest star

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪

𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗙𝗢𝗨𝗥𝗧𝗘𝗘𝗡 ♱ ˖ ࣪ . ─────

"YOUR MAJESTY! We have a lead on the whereabouts of Lord Tewkesbury and Princess Katherine," Reepicheep announced, waking Caspian up. The trio had traveled exactly a whole week now, and each day the King's worries grew and the voice taunting him got louder.

"That's amazing, Reep," Caspian groaned, rubbing his eyes. He sat up on the grassland he laid down on and looked around, noticing how Younri is missing. In panic, he reached for his sword, "Reepicheep, where is the maiden?"

"Lady Younri had to find food, my king. She'll be alright." Reepicheep bowed and took a hold of his tail, "I was with her this evening when we heard the wind whisper where the missing Lord and Princess are."

"Wind?"

"Yes, I'm afraid so. They say that they're carrying the elf, the Lord, our own Princess, and a pixie." Reepicheep nodded, adjusting his hat now. Caspian did not know how to react, his cousin's group seemed to get bigger and bigger and he feared if the creatures were one to trust, "An elf and now pixies? We must leave now."

"You don't have to get worked up over nothing, King Caspian," Younri walked over to them, carrying a basket full of berries, "Pixies are wonderful creatures."

"They're vengeful, you mean," Caspian narrowed his eyes at her, "I still do not understand why you seem to be calm about this whole situation, Lady Younri. If I were to be asked, I'd say your acting quite suspicious."

Younri visibly stiffened on the King's words.

She was definitely hiding something and Caspian needed to find it out, even if it meant stabbing the answer out of her. "I-I just trust that the Princess can take care of herself." Younri stuttered, taking steps back.

Reepicheep let out a gasp and pointed out, "Lady Younri...your hair..."

Caspian unleashed his sword as he watched with widened eyes as Younri's once dark brown hair turned into a sparkling purple one. Younri let the basket full of the fruits go as her eyes turned into icy blue.

"Who are you?" The King managed to ask out, he and Reepicheep having their swords in the air. Younri, though, didn't look scared. Instead she let out a soft sound of disbelief, then a smile when a small tear left her eye, "T-They found her."

° ° °