𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟷: 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙰𝚛𝚛𝚒𝚟𝚊𝚕

Scritch scratch, scritch scratch.

       My wrist flicks back and forth in short, deft movements as I sketch out a circle on my paper. Things have been so busy lately that it's rare that I get time to relax like this. I must enjoy it while it lasts. I finish off the circle and begin on the jawline of my tiny piece of art.

       "Serenity! Hey! Serenity!" I hear a familiar voice call out.

       As I said before, these moments are short lived, "I'm in here!"

       Footsteps get closer until the partially closed door of my art room swings open to reveal the guy who annoys me to no avail, "Seren—Serenity what are you doing? There's no time to be doodling right now!"

       "There's never time for it." I mutter, disappointed that I can't continue.

       "Did you forget?" He lowers his eyebrows as he asks the question.

       Oh no, did I forget something again? It must've been important otherwise he wouldn't look upset. "Umm. . . forget what, exactly?"

       He sighs in exasperation, "Serenity, did I not tell you that we are having the ceremony toady?"

       Wait, that's today? Why is it only the important things that escape my memory? "Oh! I-I completely forgot about that! I wasn't dawdling I swear!"

       "Yes, yes, I know. You are one of the only concepts here that actually takes me seriously when it comes to deadlines and events, so I know you wouldn't drag your feet on purpose." He assures me, then pulls out his slightly tarnished gold pocket watch, "Well, it's a good thing I just happened to stop by. You still have 7 minutes and 42 seconds before it starts."

       "Really? How many milliseconds?" I ask.

       "23 millisecon—oh, you weren't being serious were you?" He says as a frown appears on his face.

       I smirk, "You're not the only one who can joke around here, Chronos."

       He shakes his head as he leaves the room, "Just don't be late!"

      That's Chronos, the concept of time. He has orangey brown hair, and chocolate brown eyes. He's always wearing a suit and tie, with a small top hat that sits atop his head. Most of the other concepts hate him because he not a very reliable guy when you need him, but despite that—and the fact that he annoys me—he's not all that bad.

       He's not as serious as the others, well, except when it comes to time, so he's fun to joke around with sometimes.

        I get up from where I was drawing and head out the door. These events are fairly important, but I think the my burgundy turtleneck and black jeans look fine, so I don't need to change.

       Once I arrive I spot some familiar faces, "Hi Monica, hi Arson." My eyes trail behind them and spot a smaller figure, "Oh, hey Anxiety, didn't see you there."

       Arson turns her head, "Hey Serenity, you're a little bit early so it won't start for a few minutes." Arson is the concept of frustration. She doesn't tolerate anything. If she doesn't like it, she'll make sure to tell you.

       "Okay, how long have you guys been here?" I ask.

       "Around five minutes. That idiot Chronos was harping on me to get ready for the ceremony," She pinches the bridge of her nose, "I said to him that he should shut up about it because it wasn't going to start for another 15 minutes, but he was relentless. It was getting really annoying and I thought about hitting him on the head to knock him out, but he soon left to go and "prepare" everyone else."