𖣔𝕻𝖗𝖔𝖑𝖔𝖌𝖚𝖊𖣔

━───────⊹⊱✙⊰⊹───────━

Droplets slipped from the stalactite. Deliberately splashing in the depths of the puddles, a rhythmic echo course through the cave. With its sound bouncing on rigid surfaces,  nothing else arises to disturb such melody.  Though the cave’s hollow holds beings within, Ellis kept both arms steady on his hilt, his broadsword being pressured by a thick, single edge dagger. Against the damp wall, the dagger corned his throat by mere centimeters. His bright, hazel eyes watched the weapon carefully before following it to a delicate arm.  

Shifting his sight toward her elbow against his ear, her dark, fabric sleeve tickling his jaw. He then traces to the frame of the body.  Only a head shorter than him, but her heels boost her to his nose. Jet black bangs slid to the side of her forehead, hair held in a tight bun, it revealed her slim face and sunken cheekbones.  A slender body covered by a dark gown, warm ivory skin much lighter than his, and pitch-back eyes narrowing at him. That ​​tranquility gaze watched him since they’d been there. Twisting Ellis’s nerves, poking at his anxiousness, he only hoped it would end soon. 

“Ellis,” her voice alluring his name, her monotone took the luxury in pronouncing it. “I promise.”

Her voice felt outspoken in the absence of others. It didn’t stretch in the settings around them, neither did it reach anyone’s ears. Except for his and rattled Ellis uncomfortably.  He slowly raises his brow from her sudden claim, but the dagger crept closer. Ellis carefully readjusts his hilt, letting the blade lean against her blade. 

“I promise,” she repeats, “And I intend to keep that promise.” 

She’s claiming insanity now. 

The fact he couldn’t let his voice rumble in disbelief makes it harder for Ellis to release such emotions. He must be quiet. She must be quiet. They both need to know if they could leave the cave untouched. He convinced himself it was fate that he found her again. It was fate that he also found one of Lars’s spawns, it was fate the spawn attacked both of them, it was fate both took refuge in the cave, it was fate the spawn followed them, and it was fate she confronted him. Now, he wonders, if fate had better plans for him because, from what he recalled, she hadn't done anything deserving of claiming such things. 

He motions to their blades crossing, “This is protecting me?”

“It kept you quiet.”

“It kept me pinned enough to doubt your word.”

She carelessly leaned her head to the side. Focusing on anything besides the ripples that are cited around them. Not a footstep disturb their moment and not the wind blew in their direction.  To Ellis, it’s too quiet, even if they could rack up quite a commission, it felt too peaceful for anything to occur. His neck prickles, he leaned as well narrowing out the sounds too. 

“I can’t see if you are in the way,” she whispers, her irritation flowing to his ear. He only shivers from how close they were. 

Amaris, Conquer of Shadows that dwells in others' silhouettes, has been a task for Ellis. He has been chosen and trained to defeat the 7 rulers of Crepuscule. A journey to be constantly reminded of his goal.  He needed to eliminate the rulers to prevent the lasting Lunar Eclipse, a state of eternal darkness for many years to come. And will last for centuries to generation after generation. 

It has put far-out countries in panic and taking action was their top priority.  So they seek out light to banish the darkness. They’ve chosen him to lead the sun to a better day. And as far as Ellis has gone, he only took care of 3 out of the 7 rulers.  The first he convinced to trade side of the 7, while the other two took their lives in their moral dilemma. He has successfully eliminated 3 out of the 7 without a single drop of blood smeared on his hands.