Little Kookie || 10

when a groan suddenly elicited midst hasty movements of members changing their outfits, fixing their mics and drinking water, all the heads snapped in the direction, finding the maknae leaning on a table with his lower lip caught between his teeth and eyes shut tight as he was in pain. the staff rushed to the boy and came to know the problem was his foot.

his heel was oozing out blood which only made the members worry about jungkook and their ongoing show. the paramedics were called almost instantly and the next name that that cared to call was of jimin who was still in the dressing room where aera too is present. nonetheless jimin showed up running, pushing the oxygen away that one of the staff member was holding for him and one buttoning up his shirt.

aera followed after him, running until they reached the room where jungkook was being assisted. the boy wasn't crying but his face displayed his discontentment with the situation. jimin sighed deeply, leaving aera with jungkook and talked to the doctors, asking if jungkook would be able to perform or not. that's when he was told the cut on his brother's foot was about three inches and needed stitches to keep the torn skin together.

"he should not perform in this condition. make sure he takes rest and avoids any kind of movements with his foot." the doctor says, patting jimin's shoulder and takes his leave after sending s brief smile to jungkook as well.

"what were you doing?" jimin frowns at the boy, having a stern gaze which only makes jungkook look down, mumbling out a sorry to him. jimin sighs softly, scolding himself for being mad right now and goes near jungkook's bed, "i'm sorry, i didn't mean that. but you should be careful buddy, now look you've got hurt."

"i'm sorry, i wasn't paying attention," jungkook sighs and sits up slowly, glancing at his bandaged foot, "what did they say? i can perform right?"

jimin follows his gaze, smiling sadly as his ruffles jungkook's hair, "you need rest right now, don't worry about the show."

"no... i'll perform," jungkook frowns at him, pushing the elder's hand away and hangs his legs down, "lemme try–"

"jungkook, no!" jimin stands up quickly, stopping the boy from standing up and now notices the tears in his eyes, "you have to rest kook, please. how are you gonna perform like this?"

"but it's our first show in europe hyung... everybody worked so hard. i- i can't just mess it up like this..."

"this wasn't in your hand, so you're not messing anything up. trust me, the hyungs would want you to recover all well and good instead of making you perform while you're hurt. and armys too would think that."

jungkook says nothing, shutting his eyes as he curses at himself for not being more mindful and end up ruining their concert. he lays down on the bed, putting his arm over his face to hide the tears rolling down his cheeks. jimin sighs softly, stroking his hair once before leaving the room to meet the rest of the members.

meanwhile aera stares at jungkook, crying silently and climbs next to him, giving him a hug, "don't be sad koo, you can still see army." she says, peeking over his arm to look at his face but he doesn't respond and pushes her hand away.

"i wanted to perform for them," he hushes out.

aera thinks for a while, then gasps with an idea and pulls his arm down, making him face her and leans forward to kiss his cheek, "i have an idea!" she chirps.

"i'm not playing right now, go from here."

"listen!" aera pouts, making him hiss in annoyance but nods for her anyway, "what if i perform in your place? i know the dance."

"that's not possible. now leave me alone,"

aera stares at him, the pout returning on her lips as she quietly climbs down the bed and walks to the door. glancing back at him one last, she leaves to look for jimin and the others who are fortunately not that far and sitting in the waiting area. jimin, rest of the boys and their manager.