Mikaelson Ball & Consequences

A car pulled up to the new Mikaelson Mansion, where a ball was being held

A car pulled up to the new Mikaelson Mansion, where a ball was being held. Music could be heard from the street and was overheard by chattering voices of the men, women and children of Mystic Falls. Elena stepped out of the vehicle and looked before her with slight anxiety. She knew what was waiting for her inside and knew that her 2 self-proclaimed bodyguards were there, not knowing she was attending as well.

"Care to be escorted in, Elena?" A voice asked from beside her. Elena turned around and looked at the person next to her. They were dressed in a black tuxedo with a golden mask on their face that only left their mouth and chin uncovered.

"Uh... I'm fine... But you know that this isn't a masquerade ball, right?" Elena stuttered as the person beside her smirked in response.

"Ah but one must always have an escort to such events, sister mine." The person smiled as Elena's eyes widened in realization. "And I do have a rather unforgettable face."

"Lex! You're here!" Elena screamed as she tackled Lex into a bear hug. The twins smiled and hugged one another before Lex offered an arm for Elena's rather dramatic entrance to the ball. The two walked in unison as they entered. The doors opened and all eyes went to the duo, girls envious and men rather possessive.

"Go." Lex urged Elena as they saw Damon and Stefan walk towards them. "Go."

On the other side of the hall, the Mikaelsons stood watching the duo.

"Urgh. The dopplewench is here." Rebekah stated, rolling her eyes before looking at Elena's escort. "And who is that?"

"Does he know it's not a masquerade ball?" Klaus asked rhetorically, taking a sip of his champagne. Kol looked at them before strutting towards the unknown figure.

"Kol Mikaelson. Pleasure to meet you. And who might you be?" Kol smirked at the masked figure, leaning against the pillar they were up against.

"No-one of terrible importance to you." Came the cool reply. "I bid you adieu."

****

"Follow me." Finn stated, escorting the mysterious masked figure to a room upstairs. "My mother is just through there."

"Thank you." The figure nodded before entering the room in question. Esther was sat on a couch, sage still burning next to her.

"Alvis. My Lord." Esther greeted, nodding solemnly. "Thank you for coming."

"It's fine. The mask made it a lot easier for you to find me."

"I...require your aid. I am linking my children together and I cannot have interruptions."

"And with this link, you plan on doing what exactly?"

"Correcting the balance of nature, of which I had disrupted 1000 years ago."